1973 UK E3 2500 : £30K!!!

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'd guess it to be a unique example in the UK, and how often do you see an Verona Red E3? Thanks for posting this!

E3_UK

Reaction score
I'd guess it to be a unique example in the UK, and how often do you see an Verona Red E3? Thanks for posting this!
My UK E3 has similar mileage and full history from new, Chamonix with blue velour interior and was valued by the BMW club at £18k. Apart from dealer markup I struggle to see a significant difference with this one, although perhaps the colour makes it more desirable ?.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
My UK E3 has similar mileage and full history from new, Chamonix with blue velour interior and was valued by the BMW club at £18k. Apart from dealer markup I struggle to see a significant difference with this one, although perhaps the colour makes it more desirable ?.

It’s easy, find a comp as nice or nicer than this one for less money. Yours doesn’t count, it has to be listed. If the Verona isn’t worth 30K then the market will tell it so. Also - dealers start high. Is it worth 25 to you?

E3_UK

Reaction score
The reason I'm querying this is that my insurance renewal is up soon and i have to define the agreed value. I was happy at 18k but when i saw this it made me wonder. I think I'll stick with the club valuation, 30k seems unrealistic.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
The reason I'm querying this is that my insurance renewal is up soon and i have to define the agreed value. I was happy at 18k but when i saw this it made me wonder. I think I'll stick with the club valuation, 30k seems unrealistic.

God forbid...If your car was totaled in January, could you replace it for 18K?

mr bump

Reaction score
My broker has renewed my E9 insurance, 54k, history and 5 keepers in VGC for £45,000. His question was "go out and buy another in the same condition for less".,

E3_UK

Reaction score
God forbid...If your car was totaled in January, could you replace it for 18K?
Well that's certainly the theory, and I would hope that the club would know, however finding one in original condition and full history would itself be a challenge to start with. Perhaps I should increase the value this time and see what the broker thinks. Hopefully the premium doesn't increase too much as a result. Always a dilemma when the renewal comes up.

Rek

Reaction score
Mine isn't finished yet and I have an agreed £55k value - still worried that it might be too little based on the 'go out and buy another' test.

As for the E3, that's the asking price, not the selling price. Trade sellers will always push the boundaries for a while and then adjust accordingly.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Mine isn't finished yet and I have an agreed £55k value - still worried that it might be too little based on the 'go out and buy another' test.

As for the E3, that's the asking price, not the selling price. Trade sellers will always push the boundaries for a while and then adjust accordingly.
In a year that could be the selling price.