1973 BMW 3.0CS $5,500 Los Angeles

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I’m calling scam
I'm curious why. Given what appears to be an incomplete car with clearly evident rust issues (and no doubt more lurking), I think this is a reasonable asking price for this car). Which is to say, I think some number less is likely a fair deal for seller and buyer. Did you speak with the seller, or have you seen something fishy? Again, just curious. NMNA (although a lurking potential buyer) ;)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm curious why. Given what appears to be an incomplete car with clearly evident rust issues (and no doubt more lurking), I think this is a reasonable asking price for this car). Which is to say, I think some number less is likely a fair deal for seller and buyer. Did you speak with the seller, or have you seen something fishy? Again, just curious. NMNA (although a lurking potential buyer) ;)

I think it is a scam also, along with the Alaska car.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Still curious why - what indicators are you basing this on (so I can avoid scams in the future). :D
What's the Alaska car? That's no place for an e9.

Firstly, I think it is odd that both cars popped up
at the same time. Anytime I see pics of a car that are not recent my spidy sense is activated. Anytime I see a car listed out-of-state but not in the sellers’s (city) I’m on hi alert. Not the case here but the pic locations don’t match the ads.

The $5K car is using pics from MB Vintage in Ohio. I don’t trust that someone shipped a car this rusty for CA only to resell for $5K.

The alaska car is using the same pics from the ad several years back, when the car was actually in Alaska. See the alaska plates in the ad. I also don’t trust that someone paid to ship a car from Alaska to Socal, only to sell for $15K. This one could be legit but why no updated pics?

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/d/los-angeles-1973-bmw-30-cs/6781411824.html

Last edited:

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That makes sense - thanks for the insight.
For the record, my car was a total scam. :eek: And yet, it now sits in my garage, putting a smile on my face (and draining every spare dollar for parts as well as filling my calendar with work for the foreseeable future). :D