Coupe King question?

JetDexter

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I hear many good things about Coupe King, which is local to me. But I don't seem to know the secret handshake to contact them. The only way I know is to fill out the contact form on their website and hope for a reply. I do that, but don't get a reply. It's as if I am trying to contact Taylor Swift to ask her on a date.

It might be because I went and mentioned that I am converting my CS to electric. That does tend to disappoint some people.

Anyone have any ideas, or should I just move on?

Thanks!

Paul

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I would abandon both efforts, you will disappoint Coupe King with your electric conversion idea, and Taylor Swift is dating me.

Move on.

Hi guys,

I hear many good things about Coupe King, which is local to me. But I don't seem to know the secret handshake to contact them. The only way I know is to fill out the contact form on their website and hope for a reply. I do that, but don't get a reply. It's as if I am trying to contact Taylor Swift to ask her on a date.

It might be because I went and mentioned that I am converting my CS to electric. That does tend to disappoint some people.

Anyone have any ideas, or should I just move on?

Thanks!

Paul

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I had dinner with Erik and Peter last night.
They are very busy with projects.

JetDexter

Site Donor
Reaction score
I had dinner with Erik and Peter last night.
They are very busy with projects.

Fair enough. I am running two companies currently, which is what gives me the means to take on this project, support my family and so forth. But I am still somehow able to return the emails from potential customers that tend to come in daily.

Now I am really not helping myself by disparaging them like this. I am sure they are busier than me, and doing far cooler work than myself:)

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I was in Newport yesterday- I’d love to see your project.

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey Paul, You are not alone. Many months ago I filled out that same "Contact form" as I was looking to get a shiny new VIN plate. I waited, and waited, and heard nothing. So I gave up. I mean, we all get busy, but why have a "Contact form" if there is never any contact?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i can tell you that they generally get back to you via email, sometimes it takes a little time ... if you need a part its best to order it directly off of their website ... i have had great success with that

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Had the same problem.
They finally and very apologetically got back to me weeks later. Ended up buying some parts and was very happy.
I managed to get through to them via using a work email account as I suspect whatever platform they are using screens out gmail and other free accounts as spam.
If they are so busy with existing work and unable to simply even answer emails it might pay to hire a secretary...

JetDexter

Site Donor
Reaction score
I did hear back from Erik tonight with some good thoughts. I think then web form might get a little less attention, but once I got the email addresses today things moved swimmingly.
Thanks all-

JetDexter

Site Donor
Reaction score
If you want your car restored, hit up CK, but be prepared for big $$$.

For electron conversion part of the deal, try someone else.

Maybe these guys? https://www.electricgt.com

cool stuff here:

https://electrek.co/guides/ev-conversion/

Thanks Rob. Yeah, I am not really looking to hire the whole project out. I am mostly needing to source some bodywork and ultimately paint. And of course a good relationship for other parts along the way. The electric portion is more in my wheelhouse, along with the fabrication that is needed there. I am excited to get to that stage once we get this chassis cleaned up. But honestly, I am enjoying this stage more than I expected. Appreciating the challenges as problems to solve.
Thanks again!

JetDexter

Site Donor
Reaction score
I had a great visit with Erik over there this afternoon. Clearly impressive. I have a lot to consider now- depending on how deep my bank account goes:)