Dash Removal Help!

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I've reached the point where the dash has to come out on my RHD CSL. I promise to update my thread ASAP.
Looked and looked on here and cant seem to find a step by step guide with how to pictures on here.
The tear down is at the point where the steering column is about to come out, the windscreen is also out so have good access.
Am I correct to assume the top section of dash that has the heater vents in it is the first piece to come out?

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ah, page 7. Very helpful mate.
So that little strip that runs along the front of the entire dash just pulls off?

Correct. Carefully pry it off with a screwdriver. It
is secured much like the fender grills are secured with pressure-fit studs.

The RHD grab rail is different from US cars. I’m not sure how the wood rail is attached. On a US car the grab rail face and the half-circle rail is all one piece foam-covered steel.

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Feels like wood on mine. Guess that would make sense for weight saving on a CSL.
Will take a good look when it comes off. Might be another special CSL feature?

mr bump

Reaction score
There is 1 dash fixing that you can't get to so have to remove the cold air vent box behind it. The other 2 are at each end and are 10mm head bolts.

Reactions: Wes

mr bump

Reaction score
I've recently revamped my dash Wes, the whole lot came out, so if you need any rhd tips on getting it out just give me a shout, but Marko above has pretty much outlined what's what mate.

Reactions: Wes

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I've recently revamped my dash Wes, the whole lot came out, so if you need any rhd tips on getting it out just give me a shout, but Marko above has pretty much outlined what's what mate.

Going to tackle it next weekend. Will let you know how I go.

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have instructions on a 2000cs dash removals and will send you a copy.
I need your address.