BAT New M30-Powered 1972 BMW 3.0CS 5-Speed now live at BaT Auctions

Rek

Reaction score
Negative comment about my car when I first bought spurred me on to make the restoration on the most cost effective basis.

At the time, I felt a bit dumb as most people said I should part it out and I had rose tinted spectacles. I wanted to post firm response but held off until I had proven that I could do it.

Now these two guys spring to mind whenever I hear similar comments or nit picking about cars. It helps me remember that everyone is different, and those differences make the world interesting and should be celebrated. It makes life interesting and this forum a better and more entertaining place.

315px-StatlerandWaldorf(2).JPG

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
You proved that your car was restorable. You didn’t show that it was worth the time and money compared to 2014 baseline e9’s. You don’t need to prove anything to anyone however.

I received a lot of cautious but overall friendly feedback on my project car. I even used the term “hive mentality”. :D I don’t believe that there was any malicious intent. Quite the opposite in fact. I bought the car but like you, I haven’t proven that it was a wise investment. I am enjoying the journey however.

Negative comment about my car when I first bought spurred me on to make the restoration on the most cost effective basis.

At the time, I felt a bit dumb as most people said I should part it out and I had rose tinted spectacles. I wanted to post firm response but held off until I had proven that I could do it.

Now these two guys spring to mind whenever I hear similar comments or nit picking about cars. It helps me remember that everyone is different, and those differences make the world interesting and should be celebrated. It makes life interesting and this forum a better and more entertaining place.

View attachment 59878

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Once I start the chassis portion of my restoration, it is only a matter of time until the condition of my car agitates the hive and I am swarmed (with helpful comments and supportive feedback). :)