Rare Mark Donohue Steering Wheel by Ferrero

Collin380

Reaction score
Selling a very rare Mark Donohue steering wheel with hub and vintage Nardi horn button. Mark was a well known Porsche race car driver. Asking $350 obo.

47499848721_5b3658b7f4_c.jpg

47499848531_21e7bdd4c5_c.jpg

Last edited:

jmackro

Reaction score
Mark was a well known Porsche race car driver.

Donohue drove darned near everything, including Can Am, Trans Am, NASCAR, Indianapolis, and Formula One (he was killed practicing for the 1975 Austrian Gran Prix).

I had never heard of a "Mark Donohue" branded steering wheel - do you know who made it?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I believe it was made by Raid. I have only seen one other installed in a Porsche 356 race car...

I don’t know for sure, but I am of the opinion that they are made by Ferrero. The Ferrero hub pattern is very specific, similar to a Petri.

I think it is worth noting that(as you know @Collin380) all three spokes on your wheel are bent. It would make a nice wall piece for someone.

Ferrero:
1E1A46DC-CA30-4E00-99A3-6BBD7AB97745.jpeg

Mark Donohue:
C85F0A88-A78A-4A4E-9C2A-313DEE569145.jpeg

Collin380

Reaction score
@ Markos, thanks for the feedback. Yes, the spokes are slightly bent and the wheel was mounted backwards on the center hub for some reason. The original owner used it on his e9 race car, so it was not a wall piece. Still rare and repairable...

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have this same wheel in my coupe now.

Cool wheel. Sorry to get off topic but your wheel is not the same. It is a GM wheel, likely from/for a C3 Corvette. That is also why it has so much dish. Looks good!

mr bump

Reaction score
Now I'm sure of this Markos, but you are absolutely spot on! How the he'll did you know that??
I bow down to you and your knowledge without a doubt mate.:cool:
A friend gave it me years ago, his dad had a c3 corvette, he swapped the boss and put it on his mustang, then I adapted it by machining the centre out to take my bmw boss and horn button. It was never meant to stop on, but once I fitted it, it looked pretty good, felt good when driving so it's stopped on.
Well done mate!:)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Now I'm sure of this Markos, but you are absolutely spot on! How the he'll did you know that??
I bow down to you and your knowledge without a doubt mate.:cool:
A friend gave it me years ago, his dad had a c3 corvette, he swapped the boss and put it on his mustang, then I adapted it by machining the centre out to take my bmw boss and horn button. It was never meant to stop on, but once I fitted it, it looked pretty good, felt good when driving so it's stopped on.
Well done mate!:)

Oops I responded to your PM before reading this. I’ll post my PM response here:

Hi Joe,

Thanks. The C3 corvette wheels used a six bolt hub pattern similar to nardi/personal. A Nardi wheel has a 74mm PCD bolt pattern, and no hole at 12PM. A momo has a 70mm PCD bolt pattern with the first hole starting at 12PM. A corvette wheel is 2 3/4” PCD, with no hole at 12PM. 2.75” = 69.84mm. I suspect that your corvette wheel is on a clocked momo hub.

To answer your question, a C3 Covette wheel has visible and specific notches around the center bore. take a look at the image below, and compare to yours. Good times! Your wheel looks great. Don’t change a thing!

ACCCDD74-63EE-4500-AB03-DAEE9D673381.jpeg