La Jolla visit

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Encinitas might be a good compromise, just over an hour from me. Culture Brewing is there, owner has an e9 too. Funky little beach town with places to eat and drink beer.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Encinitas might be a good compromise, just over an hour from me. Culture Brewing is there, owner has an e9 too. Funky little beach town with places to eat and drink beer.
Sure. Looks like about 45 minutes to an hour north of La Jolla, too. I can't believe the owner of the local brewery there has an e9. There are about 117 breweries in the area here, and I doubt if any of them have that cool a car. :confused:

TodB

Reaction score
You folks on the west coast have a special thing going on. What a car culture.

I, too, am jealous of the car culture in CA and saw it first hand a couple of years back. Pretty crazy culture with amazing roads to go with and a 12 month driving season. I still pull up Mike Goble's video of him on a back road every now and then. Reminded me of Vermont country roads.

Stephen, I drove through Milwaukee last weekend. My brother in law and I did a non stop run from Florida up to Green Bay on Friday night delivering my father in law's car. Still a bit chilly up there. Beautiful country though.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Stephen, I drove through Milwaukee last weekend. My brother in law and I did a non stop run from Florida up to Green Bay on Friday night delivering my father in law's car. Still a bit chilly up there. Beautiful country though.
Sorry I missed you. If you are passing through again and have a few minutes, give me a shout - would love to meet you. I grew up in Chicago, and my wife and I lived and worked very close to Lake Michigan. Now we live and work in Milwaukee and I drive over the Hoan Bridge every day and think how beautiful this great lakes coastal city is. The view from up there, and really anywhere along the shore, is pretty amazing. I like to think of it as the 3rd coast.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sorry I missed you. If you are passing through again and have a few minutes, give me a shout - would love to meet you. I grew up in Chicago, and my wife and I lived and worked very close to Lake Michigan. Now we live and work in Milwaukee and I drive over the Hoan Bridge every day and think how beautiful this great lakes coastal city is. The view from up there, and really anywhere along the shore, is pretty amazing. I like to think of it as the 3rd coast.
And what exactly is your wife's consolation prize assuming she is back shivering in a frigid northern clime whilst you bask in the warm CA sun, drink IPAs and talk coupes?

Steve

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ooooh, not sure if that is a keen observation or harsh criticism - ha ha. Well, not much consolation unfortunately. She does not care for travel, and she does not typically like hot climates. Of course, it will not be hot there for this trip - more like perfect. I guess the consolation is that she'll be at home with the cats while I am out in a strange land in a plane, rental car, and hotel. (oh, and the micro brewery, the car shop, the beach for a morning run, and...)

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
He's out of the house for a while!
I would like to parse it as a keen observation. But really it was a gentle suggestion in case, like so many of our gender, you had not thought about it. But you are especially lucky in your wife's preferences.

And,

Stevehose probably nailed it.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hello all.
Say, I'm writing to share some firm plans for next Wednesday, March 13. I'll be meeting with Chris (@HB Chris ) at Culture Brewing Company in Encinitas. Arrival time planned for 1pm PT. If you are in the area, and can sneak away for a bit, please join us! Perhaps we'll migrate to an eatery after meeting at the brewery for a bite.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hello all.
Say, I'm writing to share some firm plans for next Wednesday, March 13. I'll be meeting with Chris (@HB Chris ) at Culture Brewing Company in Encinitas. Arrival time planned for 1pm PT. If you are in the area, and can sneak away for a bit, please join us! Perhaps we'll migrate to an eatery after meeting at the brewery for a bite.
Wish I could join you. I'm about an hour up the road in LA for the next month or so. Encinitas is incredibly charming.