Weber Sidedrafts with Korman Manifold-SOLD

gdub0717

Site Donor
Reaction score
Weber 40DCOE149
Korman Manifold
Definitely need to be cleaned up. Internally they look ok. At least the one I looked at.

Bought this set up 6months ago, here. I have since decided to go EFI M30B35.

32 chokes
idle jet 55 F8
main Jet 125
imullsion tube- F9
air corrector is a 175

Paid $1400 shipping included. Willing to sell for same price; shipping included.
USA only. Will have to
IMG_2560.JPG
IMG_2561.JPG
IMG_2564.JPG
discuss shipping costs if outside the USA.

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
This is the set-up on my 3.3CS with a Korman stage 2 engine. The carbs are running very rich and I need to have them adjusted and probably re-jetted. Did this run well with the numbers you have listed? If so, I'll give that info to the shop that is going to do the work as a starting point. Thanks!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
This is the set-up on my 3.3CS with a Korman stage 2 engine. The carbs are running very rich and I need to have them adjusted and probably re-jetted. Did this run well with the numbers you have listed? If so, I'll give that info to the shop that is going to do the work as a starting point. Thanks!

I recommend that you call Korman. They are very helpful. I would imagine even more so if you have a Korman-built motor.

gdub0717

Site Donor
Reaction score
I would also recommend you ask steve Armstrong(stevehose) for some input.
I have never Installed this set.
The set I had installed on my last e9 were pretty close to this set up, I believe.
On a stock 3.0 I know the chokes are good and I think the jets are close to ideal.
I would have to look back at my notes to see the best set up on the 3.0 for jetting

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Weber 40DCOE149
Korman Manifold
Definitely need to be cleaned up. Internally they look ok. At least the one I looked at.

Bought this set up 6months ago, here. I have since decided to go EFI M30B35.

32 chokes
idle jet 55 F8
main Jet 125
imullsion tube- F9
air corrector is a 175

Paid $1400 shipping included. Willing to sell for same price; shipping included.
USA only. Will have toView attachment 60235 View attachment 60236 View attachment 60237 discuss shipping costs if outside the USA.

sent you pm

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Define running rich, at idle? Cruise? WOT? What is in the Stage 2 engine? If modified much these would need bigger chokes and jetting as they are more in line with a stock M30.

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
I recommend that you call Korman. They are very helpful. I would imagine even more so if you have a Korman-built motor.

I am guessing that since Korman installed the triple Weber’s on Drew’s car when they did the engine they are already sized per their recommendation.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
from Korman's website

Stage 2 Engine-Carbureted

Our most popular performance rebuild for carbureted M30 engines. Produces 250 smooth, reliable horsepower (3.5 liters).

Parts Include:

• Triple Weber 40 DCOE carburetor kit with Korman 1 piece intake manifold
  • Korman K-300 Camshaft
  • Mahle High Compression Pistons
  • Korman Rocker Arms
  • Stahl Headers
  • Performance Distributor (where applicable)
  • Bosch Sport Coil

These engines also receive our Stage 2 cylinder head porting and polishing, Stage 2 connecting rods, and engine oiling system modifications. Substituting the Schrick 284 cam yields 240 HP (3.0 liter), 250 HP (3.3 liter), and 260 HP (3.5 liter).

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
I ran 32mm Chokes on a stock 3.3l on the street (40DCOe). For track days I went to 34mm chokes but no change to jetting. Sorry but I do not remember the details, but it was all essentially Korman’s recommendations.

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
My engine was built by Korman in 2005 and has 3800 miles on it. I talked to them and they have no records back 13 years. The invoice copy shows an item # that they think was a 3.3liter M30 Stage 2 build. 3 DCOE40's, Schrick 282 cam,1 3/8" Stahl header,Alum. flywheel,Mallory distributor with points, Coupe King stainless exhaust,just installed. The car accelerates with lots of torque in the first 3 gears. I hear rumbling in the exhaust note upon deceleration shifting gears. Idle at 1000 RPM,with a slight looping. When I pull into the garage and turn off the engine,there's a strong gasoline smell for some time. All of this has been observed while driving the car at speed only twice for about 30 miles. The other drives were slow around the block while I sorted the brake problem. I live in Ft. Lauderdale and there have not been any "cold" starts--70 in the morning and 80's during the day. Car starts up with just a blip or 2 of the throttle. I hope you can give me a baseline of carb settings. BTW the custom exhaust made by the PO was full of black soot that left a trail in my driveway and a puddle on the garage floor.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
I agree it sounds like it’s too rich in the idle circuit.

If you have adjusted the idle mix screws per the Weber of Haynes manual and it’s still this rich, then you may need to change some jets. It might be as simple as going one step leaner on the idle jets.

If that doesn’t help, I recommend installing a couple of bungs and buying a wide band AFR gauge (I have one from Innovate). Or, have a professional old car mechanic spend a hour checking the car setup. Ideally, he/she will
an exhaust gas analyst (an AFM gauge) so he/she can give you a report on AFR for the
(1) idle circuit,
(2) transition circuit,
(3) main circuit
(3) the accel pump circuit.

A knowledgeable mechanic should be anole to get this done in about 1.5 hours assuming the car is safe to drive on the open road (a dyno is an alternative). With this data in hand you can then make more intelligent choices of jet changes

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
The car is going into a restoration shop referred by Hagerty. They were tuning a Lambo with 6 Weber 45DCOE's when I was there. They'll fix it. Thanks for the advice.

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
"The Creative workshop" http://thecreativeworkshop.com/ is a world class restoration shop for all types of vehicles. Their carb expert took the big air plenum off my carbs and found a bunch of things to be sorted. Just balancing the carbs smoothed out the idle and eliminated the black smoke. Now I need to find the short horns and mesh covers to clear the brake booster since the custom air plenum is not being used again.

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
Is this set up discontinued from Korman? I am confused why asking price for a used set that needs cleaning is the same as what a brand new set is from Korman which also offers you warranty and I’m sure technical support.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I am confused why asking price for a used set that needs cleaning is the same as what a brand new set is from Korman which also offers you warranty and I’m sure technical support.

Are you certain that this is true? Korman does not publish their prices. You would need to call to confirm. The Redline kit, with a three piece manifold and a cheap linkage is $2,000. Does the Korman kit with better linkages costs $600 less than the redline kit? With any new kit don't forget to add another $250+ for tax and shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E3-wit...n-kit-BMW-Bavaria-2800-3-0-3-0CS/330860838614

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Back to the OP, I think this is a very good buy at $1400. Everything I’ve ever gotten from Korman (mechanical, not body), was really good stuff.

This kit will clean up easily/nicely and would be my first choice for going to triple DCOE’s. I’m using a real Alpina setup and the older style DCOE’s only because of the bling factor, not that it will work better than the Korman setup (it won’t).

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
my triple set 45's here in Europe, 500 for the manifold, 500/carb…. so at least 2000 €. Ad filters,linkage , fuel lines, FPR,….
wonder if the Korman manifold clears the water thermostat housing ? Perhaps they have the needed replacement …. or some DIY welding.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Korman sells a modified thermostat housing. Other air filter options besides the flat foam filters (which tend to richen p the carbs) like trumpets will require a Tii brake booster. I think an Alpina setup with the 90 degree trumpets clear the stock booster. My VGS manifold clears the stock booster but they are hard to find. Triple Weber conversions add up $$$ quickly.