Jay Leno's Garage

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Always glad to see good things happen to nice people. You've been having too much fun lately...Thanks for sharing with us.
Love to have a ride in the GTS. My e9 fulfills my dream of owning my first love, the 330GTC; always thought they had sister backsides and similar greenhouses.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
What a Beauty. I have a good friend who sold his 1966 E Type recently (For not enough) And am torn whether I should forward him the video.

Last edited:

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow, really enjoyed that episode. It was especially gratifying to see 2 genuine car guys discuss the engineering masterpiece you and your team created. So many authentic details. Amazing. And, the sound...priceless! Thanks for posting the link. Mike

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks guys. It really was a privilege to visit with Mr. Leno. He could not have been a more gracious host. I was extremely nervous right up to the point where he called me onto the set, but he has a way of making you feel comfortable almost immediately and it really ended up being a fairly relaxed chat between two guys who both love cars.

Jay called me on Friday and invited me to go back with something else, so now we are trying to decide what to take next :)

Cheers!
Dan

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
really cool, hopefully this will also translate into an uptick in business. so when are you going to open 'classic bmw'? ... and then take an e9 to leno

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Dan has certainly set a record with more likes than messages written...
Well done Dan, we are all fans of yours!

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Dan has certainly set a record with more likes than messages written...
Well done Dan, we are all fans of yours!
interesting note there Keshav ... as usual, excellent attention to detail. yep, #13 on the most likes list. TOTALLY agree that we are fans of what Dan is doing - Jags and coupes!

my guess is that not only does Dan get a lot of likes, he also 'likes' a lot of posts ... probably one of the highest, right up there with our friend Markos who leads in many categories

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
interesting note there Keshav ... as usual, excellent attention to detail. yep, #13 on the most likes list. TOTALLY agree that we are fans of what Dan is doing - Jags and coupes!

my guess is that not only does Dan get a lot of likes, he also 'likes' a lot of posts ... probably one of the highest, right up there with our friend Markos who leads in many categories

It must be a kinder sort of crowd here, Scott:D You have to be thick skinned to do things like the Leno show! I've given up reading the comments, although some are pretty funny. One guy said I had also 'restomodded' my hair, and obviously cut it myself :rolleyes: Several thought I sounded like Liam Neeson and looked like Piers Morgan!

Thankfully, most people liked the car, which is the most important thing.

Cheers all!
Dan

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
probably very true Dan ... probably weird comments from the jealous 'they have no chance of ever being there' there crowd. but hey, you have done something really cool and rebuilt a very wonderful e type ... and its not the only car you have built. we are just happy somebody we have met on this forum is there

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I loved my january 62 build date e-type roadster. But at 6'5" I couldn't fit in it. I think thats a reason I gravitated to the e9.