Inka '73 @ Aussie museum sale

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
shame its a slushbox ... but that is a great looking inka. 30k usd is a steal but there are 24 days left to go ... surely it will rise significantly

floridabmx

Reaction score
Manual transmission swap is easy. Shame the steering wheel is on the wrong side!

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
yes ... but keeping a car very original when its in this kind of conditon can be of more value

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I can’t believe the sloppy presentation for a no expense spared exterior restoration. Hood torsion bar in trunk, no trunk panels of any kind, Orange piping on seats, no rubber on rear bumper guards, hood seal askew, etc.

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
I can’t believe the sloppy presentation for a no expense spared exterior restoration. Hood torsion bar in trunk, no trunk panels of any kind, Orange piping on seats, no rubber on rear bumper guards, hood seal askew, etc.
I notice the wood trim on the dash is added like on a '67 2000CS. Is that correct for this '73? Where do you get those gray trunk panels?

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
I inspected this car. In addition to observations already mentioned above I also noted:
- Has a faulty auto shifter (there was a hand written note scrawled on it when I viewed, since removed in photo)
- The passenger door sits out by 5-10mm. Needs adjustment.
- Missing boot roundle

I know the museum paid close to Aus$80k for this car couple of years ago. Tbh it’s a clean car overall with a few flaws for a new owner to improve (isn’t it always like that?, I know it was when I bought my E9 - just part of the fun of ownership fixing all those little things imho)

If someone gets it cheap at this distress auction, it would be a good buy. It also is a very nice looking car in the flesh, with the Inka, black interior and Alpina rims a great combo. Body was rust free and paint was lovely.

(And btw it is not a concours vehicle despite the advert making this claim)

Last edited:

Frankie123

Site Donor
Reaction score
I was very close to pulling the trigger and purchasing this car when I was ready to purchase. I agree with Mal, it’s a nice car but it needs a couple of things sorted to get it right.
I probably would have went through with a purchase had they not over inflated their asking price on 2 separate occasions.
I know exactly how much they purchased the vehicle for and know they were simply trying to make a quick buck, so it will be interesting to see how much it sells for now...

Boobouna

Reaction score
The car has been converted to RHD and not in its original colour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boobouna

Reaction score
I was very close to pulling the trigger and purchasing this car when I was ready to purchase. I agree with Mal, it’s a nice car but it needs a couple of things sorted to get it right.
I probably would have went through with a purchase had they not over inflated their asking price on 2 separate occasions.
I know exactly how much they purchased the vehicle for and know they were simply trying to make a quick buck, so it will be interesting to see how much it sells for now...

Yes that was my experience with them previously also. They increased the price on a tundra e9 when I made an offer. I passed on that one and even when I bought my Ceylon car from them they were bumped up the price last minute after I accepted their price. They are dodgy as hell and I’m glad they are in the position they are in now.

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
In breaking news, this Inka sold at the museum auction on Sunday for Aud $99k + buyers premium. Seems a good price for a CSA.

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
That's a very good price. Forgot what thread I said it under but there may be a bit of a glut in Australia at the moment but it's mainly filled with cars that need loads of work.
Good cars, CS to CSL's are selling for good money. The key is trying to figure what the market is chasing. To my mind in no particular order;

originality;
condition;
colour;
pedigree and/or evidence of a good restoration;

What do we think?

Boobouna

Reaction score
That price was great for me but it definitely was unexpected especially because that car was offered for sale on Carsales originally for $89k not long ago and when it didn’t sell the price was reduced to $85k. After not selling at that price it was sent to auction at my last count around 5 times and did not meet reserve on any occasion, the last of which was a month ago. To sell at that price when it could have been purchased for $85k a few months ago leads me to believe it was an international buyer. If not, then the local buyer must have been new to the market or just simply had no clue. If they had completed their due diligence and checked the VIN then they would have found out this vehicle was delivered new to Germany, not Australia as advertised, in its original chamonix colour. So the car must have been converted to RHD at some time and painted Inka. That’s the info I received back from Germany when I got the VIN checked.

ee6874c83496630ce21f79f8954b9119.jpg

bba3d507153acc412883799c4d732a29.jpg