Driving vs. posting

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This is just to share the realization that I have been posting less to this board.

I have also been driving less the E9. Maybe driving and posting are interrelated?

Maybe the sum of driving + posting is constant...some great contributors are in multi-year restoration driving hiatuses. (Yes the plural of hiatus can also be hiatuses).

Maybe mood triggers posting. By the third word you can tell if DQ is pissed by something or somebody...

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This is my kind of post. Analytical. Theoretical. Clinical? (assessment of mood)???

My profile = very little driving + quite a bit of posting. For me, other life events (specifically work load) seem to affect my posting quite a bit.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
First snow to April rain cleanses the salt, no driving. I still post and try to help others.

Mid-April to first snow, driving most days. Posting adventures and issues, I still try to help and encourage others with my posts.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have been putting my coupe back together since last summer. Very seriously since December 2018. I really do work on it about 40-60 hours a week. You gotta love a car to put in this much time.
I'm 70, retired and single so no distractions except a new grand baby and some little league games. My goal is to make it to Sharkfest April 25-28. It will be close but heading back out to the garage at 7:26 PM for a few more hours after a full 8 today.
Arde, we miss your great sense of humor. Some others don't seem to have one.
You can find my build at -
Gary's Avus Blau 3.0CS rebuild
Gary

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Arde,

This has not gone unnoticed.

I used to look forward to reading your posts on the forum and thought they were worth the price of the admission (owning a coupe) to understand some of them. Now the number of your posts has gone way down and the price of admission has gone way up.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It is great that some miss me, I have been busy at work and then an intense vacation starting in Costa Rica, then Buenos Aires, and on to Montevideo. Oh, and a week in Wellinton, NZ in the middle.

Two thoughts to share:

1) I trialed a preventive health checkup with a great doctor in Buenos Aires. Stan was right, I have Gilbert syndrome, a genetic disorder in which the liver does not properly process bilirubin!
All benign, but my dry-humor is not beacuse of the spleen but the liver!

2) We all have something we would do if we were filthy rich. I discovered mine. I would air-travel with my car. Imagine landing in Costa Rica, and from the belly of the plane comes my Fulvia or my Coupe...
Just like I bring my own underwear and my own toothbrush, why do I have to rent something so personal as my vehicle.

Loved Costa Rica. If you have to choose between under-development and over-development choose under development all day long! Pura vida.

Attachments

• IMG_2659.JPG
    IMG_2659.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 184

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Welcome back Arde, things have sometimes gotten somewhat uptight around here while you've been galavanting.

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Is it just me, or does Arde's admission sound like a "confession"? Perhaps he feels guilty for not driving or at the very least, posting about his Coupe. Perhaps he should absolve to amend his life and we shall suggest some sort of "penance" to help him reconcile. What about remove and re-install starter...say 6 times? Then all is forgiven? Just a suggestion. Any other ideas? ;)

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
For me, been driving AND posting. Only because the weather is not stinking hot yet. I'll stop driving vintage cars soon, when it gets too damn hot here. So your postulate may only hold true for those who live in that land of perfect driving weather. (NorCal).
We did surf camp for grownups in Nosara, Costa Rica in January. I concur. Nice country. Waves not as good as El Salvador, where I have been about six times, but you have to watch your back in El Sal and gringos like me can't drink the water there. How are the waves in Uruguay?
If you see a gray Elise in the Apple parking garage is is daily driven by my crazy Italian friend, 90k miles and counting. He got the dream invitation of a lifetime--he's driving his 1920s Salmson in the Mille Miglia. He's also got an orange Fulvia Zagato. He's got the car sickness.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Waves in Uruguay are good around Montoya, La Barra, La Pedrera. I tried a couple of times. Surf camp sounds fun. After I left my son and girlfriend stayed in Costa Rica and found even better beaches. One day they left the rental surfboards unattended for 5 minutes and they were stolen. Great lesson, there are places that look like paradise but humans no longer belong in paradise, the snake story...
Crazy italian friend? That doesn't narrow it down much. If you said mellow italian, maybe.
Not many BMWs in Costa Rica, Buenos Aires, or Uruguay. Looks like BMW is a California centric brand nowadays. Classics on the road? None. When I land in San Francisco I always kiss the tarmac. That grateful I am.

For me, been driving AND posting. Only because the weather is not stinking hot yet. I'll stop driving vintage cars soon, when it gets too damn hot here. So your postulate may only hold true for those who live in that land of perfect driving weather. (NorCal).
We did surf camp for grownups in Nosara, Costa Rica in January. I concur. Nice country. Waves not as good as El Salvador, where I have been about six times, but you have to watch your back in El Sal and gringos like me can't drink the water there. How are the waves in Uruguay?
If you see a gray Elise in the Apple parking garage is is daily driven by my crazy Italian friend, 90k miles and counting. He got the dream invitation of a lifetime--he's driving his 1920s Salmson in the Mille Miglia. He's also got an orange Fulvia Zagato. He's got the car sickness.

Last edited:

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
It is great that some miss me, I have been busy at work and then an intense vacation starting in Costa Rica, then Buenos Aires, and on to Montevideo. Oh, and a week in Wellinton, NZ in the middle.

Two thoughts to share:

1) I trialed a preventive health checkup with a great doctor in Buenos Aires. Stan was right, I have Gilbert syndrome, a genetic disorder in which the liver does not properly process bilirubin!
All benign, but my dry-humor is not beacuse of the spleen but the liver!

2) We all have something we would do if we were filthy rich. I discovered mine. I would air-travel with my car. Imagine landing in Costa Rica, and from the belly of the plane comes my Fulvia or my Coupe...
Just like I bring my own underwear and my own toothbrush, why do I have to rent something so personal as my vehicle.

Loved Costa Rica. If you have to choose between under-development and over-development choose under development all day long! Pura vida.

I’ve never been as tired as I was after a week in Buenos Aires. It is important to do Montevideo or, better yet, Punta del Este, afterward just to recover. I’m sure my liver never fully recovered, and BA likely has some of the world’s best experts to attend to it.