E3 on Ebay doubles in price...

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
The reserve was probably $13k our so. They're trying a different tactic.

jmackro

Reaction score
Are replacement windshields available for e3's? Looks like a nice restoration candidate, but $14,950 is a bit optimistic.

52.jpg

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think that car is worth it due to the super low miles and the originality and color, I'm not sure even an awesome highly modified e3 would go up that high but this seems to be a true survivor and as such has historical value- me thinks

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
1973 BMW Bavaria 3.0 Sunroof, California car ! NO RESERVE!
Weird, I didn't see the "No reserve" on my phone. I guess they're one of those places that runs up their own bid until the reserve it made and if it isn't they're high bid on their own auction and rerun it. It sucks but is pretty common. Do you ever make it to any Sacramento Cars and Coffee or Euro Sunday gatherings?

Mike Goble

Reaction score
Weird, I didn't see the "No reserve" on my phone. I guess they're one of those places that runs up their own bid until the reserve it made and if it isn't they're high bid on their own auction and rerun it. It sucks but is pretty common. Do you ever make it to any Sacramento Cars and Coffee or Euro Sunday gatherings?

I've been to a few but it seems like a long way to drive given the price of gas. Most of these events are out east of Sacto, 60+ miles from my house.

I went to a cars & coffee event in Vacaville Sunday but I seem to be way out of touch with what passes for an interesting car these days. Lots of new Corvettes, Chargers and other new cars. Guy's got the hood popped and doesn't have a clue about what makes it run, but the tires are well lettered.

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
I seem to be way out of touch with what passes for an interesting car these days. Lots of new Corvettes, Chargers and other new cars. Guy's got the hood popped and doesn't have a clue about what makes it run, but the tires are well lettered.

It's not just you. The Atlanta C&O is probably 90% unmodified Chargers and Camaros

StephenZ

Site Donor
Reaction score
It's not just you. The Atlanta C&O is probably 90% unmodified Chargers and Camaros
LOL. Yeah, we're moving to Atlanta this summer and I bet it's no different than LA....Mustangs, Camaros, etc....and clueless 'car guys'...Ha! I love running into those few people that you can have a genuine car conversation with that their eyes don't glass over when you mention anything technical at all.
Duct-tape, where in Atl do you live? We'll be moving to the Cumming area... My brother and cousin live nearby as well.

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
where in Atl do you live? We'll be moving to the Cumming area
I'm in Stone Mountain village. I make that distinction because stone mountain sprawls a long ways south of me.

There's a bunch of e3 guys in the area that I've met through the local bmw facebook groups

StephenZ

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm in Stone Mountain village. I make that distinction because stone mountain sprawls a long ways south of me.

There's a bunch of e3 guys in the area that I've met through the local bmw facebook groups
Very cool. I looked it up on the map and it's a little ways south, but not far. I'll let you know when I get to town!