WTB: Old style E9 Ignition Switch

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I broke the mount tab off my ignition switch trying to re-assemble the housing, does anyone have one laying around? Its the type A in the photo below (thanks to @deQuincey helpful post)

Does anyone have just the part? Or just the case even?
1562715499757.png

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi. I am out of commission for a few weeks due to a complete knee replacement surgery. I have no way of checking my inventory which is 80 miles away. I do have a column with an ignition switch that came out of a 67 2000CS. You can do some research to see if they are interchangeable.
Please let me know once you have done some research .
Thanks

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have a Doctor's appointment back home this coming week and will see if I can find it and take a photo.

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I did! Actually used one out of a spare steering column for E24. Sorry I don't have a spare, but if memory serves me correctly the 74 style was easier to source than the early one.

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Kinda depends on how fussy you are, the switch itself is much more consistent over the years than the wire. Wire length, wire ends changed quite a bit but are usually adaptable if you're not picky.

bluecs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Kinda depends on how fussy you are, the switch itself is much more consistent over the years than the wire. Wire length, wire ends changed quite a bit but are usually adaptable if you're not picky.

Ok, thanks. I went looking for pics of e24 type and the ones I saw the switch seemed to be different in design as far as how it is retained to the mechanical key part.

bluecs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I can have wire part altered. The retention area of the tumbler to the mechanical key part appears different??

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Only thing I noticed was identified in that picture above, again there may be more styles out there I'm not familiar with. Pictures are everything when you're hunting