Opinions on tire brand and model? Properly 205/55/16 front and 225/50/16 rear

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
I know this has been asked before, but products and opinions change

I have the Coupe King Alpina style wheels, fronts are 16 x 7, rears are 16 x 8
They say "popular tire sizes are 205/55/16 front and 225/50/16 rear

I had the fender edges 'rolled' a bit when I had the car painted

What are your opinions on tire brand and model?
I don't need ultimate performance tires, do want high performance if that makes sense

Thanks

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have the same size Alpina wheels, and I use the common 205/55r16 + 225/50r16 setup.
The tires I have are Vredestein Ultrac Cento, which in my opinion have worked great for all types of driving so far.

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have the same size Alpina wheels, and I use the common 205/55r16 + 225/50r16 setup.
The tires I have are Vredestein Ultrac Cento, which in my opinion have worked great for all types of driving so far.
thanks!

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have Conti Extreme Contact, the model has changed slightly, not the super aggressive tread though. If Michelin has the Pilot Sport in that size it’s a great tire.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
anybody tried the michelin pilot sport a/s 3+? they are about 145 ea. #1 in all season ultra high performance
the conti extreme contact dws-06 is about 117 ea and is just behind the pilot sport

somebody mentioned buying the firestone firehawk indy 500 - about 102 ea. #1 in ultra high performance summer
general g-max rs is about $91 ea and is #2 in ultra high performance summer

the conti extreme contact sport is about $125 ea. and is #4 in max performance summer

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have Michelin Sport A/S 3+ on the Weds wheels. Conti's on the 7" Alpina type. I am a big fan of Michelin, and have them on all 4 cars. Not cheap, but great grip, handling, riding, always very uniform for minimum balance weights etc. I do not really consider them 'snow' tires, however.

911rcr

Reaction score
I just installed the Michelin A/S 3+ on Alpina 7s and 8s. So far so good. Nice grip in the twisties without a lot of squealing.