How many CSL's in Australia?

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
A friend of mine asked me this the other day and I had no idea as to the answer.
Would also be curious as to how many E9's of any variant are out here.
I know of 3 E9's in Tasmania - two are mine - the other is a LHD CSi with a non-original motor.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
A friend of mine asked me this the other day and I had no idea as to the answer.
Would also be curious as to how many E9's of any variant are out here.
I know of 3 E9's in Tasmania - two are mine - the other is a LHD CSi with a non-original motor.

You can blame me for not loading the location data into the registry. There are almost 80 cars registered in Australia. I would SWAG that there are at least 3x the registered number, and likely at least 250 cars in Australia.

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
That's interesting. Do you know how many of the 80 are CSL's? Given there was only 500 RHD made and we've lost a few along the way number wouldn't be that high I'd of thought?

giannicsl

Reaction score
[QUOTE = "Wes, post: 269090, membro: 30768"]
Interessante. Sai quanti degli 80 sono CSL? Dato che sono state fatte solo 500 RHD e ne abbiamo perse alcune lungo la strada, il numero non sarebbe così alto che avrei mai pensato?
[/CITAZIONE]
Ciao
Dalle mie informazioni solo 6
,ma spero di sbagliare

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
That's interesting. Do you know how many of the 80 are CSL's? Given there was only 500 RHD made and we've lost a few along the way number wouldn't be that high I'd of thought?

Well there are five registered on the old site, which is publicly available. That doesn't include the two from Tasmania, or the LHD Golf that sold last year, or the recently restored Polaris. My conservative multiplier of three likely won't work for CSL's, but I don't know what a good number is. Owner's aren't clamoring to publish their location on the net. A product of 25 seems a little low for a country/continent of that size. What I can say is that despite how much we think we know about where these cars are, they always come out of the woodwork. I keep finding more cars in my state. They aren't enthusiast owned and aren't documented anywhere. Alex at BHCC still continues to find undocumented E9's in California. CSL's are slightly different but they are out there.

Legacy E9-Driven Registry (5 hits):

Lezebre.eu 10 hits:

Last edited:

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score

There was a post about 3 years ago on the Facebook E9 Coupe Australia group. A rough inventory was conducted, and came up with 28 CSLs in Aust. More than we would have thought actually.