Motor mount prices

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yikes! I'm swapping the motor in my E3 and figured I'd replace the motor mounts while it's out. Why is a chunk of rubber so expensive? $75 each? Supply and demand I assume? Back in the day... blah blah blah.

Dan

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Transmission mounts I think are even worse. We won't go into the strut tower bearings.

Mike Goble

Reaction score
Is that the same as this?

I have a pair of 11811132322's that I bought from Autohausz and they fit the E3 just fine. I think all these mounts are basically the same. Different colors or coatings, but basically the same.

Attachments

• IMG_5542.JPG
    IMG_5542.JPG
    175.4 KB · Views: 77

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I have a pair of 11811132322's that I bought from Autohausz and they fit the E3 just fine. I think all these mounts are basically the same. Different colors or coatings, but basically the same.
Thanks Mike. I ended up ordering a couple from Wally (Wallothnesch). I did some poking around and found a consensus on most aftermarket motor mounts as being really bad. Most are made in India, which doesn't really matter except that they happen to be bad quality and don't last. Two mounts shipped was around $80 so I went that route.