WTB: Accelerator Pedal

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
This is for my 72 MY 3.0 Bavaria. 7/71 production. It is the early pedal with the pivot at the top. PN 3541107684. Same PN for E3 and E9. The later pedal (35411105414) is shown for 9/73 and up. I believe the later pedal has a slide for the linkage, not the pivot at the top.

Thanks.

Mot27cars

Site Donor
Reaction score
This is for my 72 MY 3.0 Bavaria. 7/71 production. It is the early pedal with the pivot at the top. PN 3541107684. Same PN for E3 and E9. The later pedal (35411105414) is shown for 9/73 and up. I believe the later pedal has a slide for the linkage, not the pivot at the top.

Thanks.
One like this one?
I need one too. Lol

Attachments

• C332BF62-8ADB-48A2-ADA3-9B0778483FF9.jpeg
    C332BF62-8ADB-48A2-ADA3-9B0778483FF9.jpeg
    115.9 KB · Views: 76

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, Keshav. The problem for some of us E3 owners is that we can get underwater very quickly buying all new bits and pieces. The cars are still not bringing much money (but of course they should :)) E9s, no problem. They are one of the most beautiful cars ever made and appreciating rapidly.

If you are restoring (or maintaining) and E3 with no expense spared and plan to keep it forever, that's a different story. For me, I know that once this car is finished and I play with it a while that I will lust for another project. If I can't come close to break even on the cars I build, I'll run out of hobby money and the hobby will stop for me.

Wladek

Reaction score
Thanks for the link, Keshav. The problem for some of us E3 owners is that we can get underwater very quickly buying all new bits and pieces. The cars are still not bringing much money (but of course they should :)) E9s, no problem. They are one of the most beautiful cars ever made and appreciating rapidly.

If you are restoring (or maintaining) and E3 with no expense spared and plan to keep it forever, that's a different story. For me, I know that once this car is finished and I play with it a while that I will lust for another project. If I can't come close to break even on the cars I build, I'll run out of hobby money and the hobby will stop for me.
Used early type accelerator pedals are usually junk, due age rubber on mounts begin to crack, sometimes inside frame of pedal is also might be rusted, new in that case is probably a better choice.
I personally purchased new from W&N some time ago.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I agree with Wladek - there is a fair bit of stress on the top part of the pedal where the pivot is attached, and with the age of these parts even parts that look good are not going to be sound.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I totally agree that new is usually better than another 50 year old used part. I can't think of many cases (any?) where a new part wouldn't be better than a used part. I just can't do $120US plus shipping from Europe on an accelerator pedal and the same with the myriad of other parts that would fall into the category of new better than used. I know restoring a car on a budget (OK, on the cheap :) ) is not for everyone. But I do have to watch the "investment" in this E3 or the hobby will stop for me.

Here's the 914 I just finished...

48095019317_3377ce5d62_z.jpg

I could do lots more "new" on this restoration. Parts are generally less expensive than for an E3, and the market is going up fairly quickly as the same vintage 911s are now out of sight of most.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
I got one from the dealer about 4 months ago. Not cheap, think it was $118.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks, Bob. If I had a finished car and THEN needed an accelerator pedal I'd have no problem doing the $120 flavor. But there is lots ahead of me on this project and I can't start doing that. It's a slippery slope. :oops: