Nice 3.0 CS

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
No affiliation. I'd heard about this car belonging to the owner for a while....

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yes, I have seen this car and it is a very nice pretty original car. I didn't examine it like another infamous car they had back in December.
They are very nice guys at this shop and I think pretty honest. They got burned on that other car by not doing the research. Tyson, do you know whatever happened to the mystery VIN car?

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
This '73 was built about 100 cars after my-2250486- Coupe. Mine started as an auto. transmission. This car has the same 225 VIN start and is a 4 speed. I thought the 4 speeds had a 224 starting VIN. Are VIN with BMW the same as S/N's on vintage Gibson guitars--that don't follow any logical order?

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes, I have seen this car and it is a very nice pretty original car. I didn't examine it like another infamous car they had back in December.
They are very nice guys at this shop and I think pretty honest. They got burned on that other car by not doing the research. Tyson, do you know whatever happened to the mystery VIN car?

Gary - I didn't keep up with the story on that Vin swap. I offered him 25k and he refused so after that, I just lost interest. I can't imagine it went for a whole lot more given that the "story" was getting out into the market. Worth even less now with the Covid discount...

dbower

Reaction score
I've seen this car. It is largely unrestored and seems pretty solid. Nick Huston is the seller.

Honolulu

Reaction score
Consignment sales I understand, but is this "their" car or one that is now consigned to them, and in either case, why have they had it five years?

dbower

Reaction score
Consignment sales I understand, but is this "their" car or one that is now consigned to them, and in either case, why have they had it five years?

Nick drives this car regularly himself so he has enjoyed it for 5 years. The business owns it -- it is not consigned, as far as I know.