1973 Ceylon CSi on BaT

tightbox

Reaction score
Lots of these small details are easily corrected, but really boil down to strict attention to detail while restoring. It doesn't take any extra effort to apply the stickers in their original locations - just a desire for perfection and familiarity with the model.

It appears Oldenzaal has the right idea but is missing that 'nth degree of execution on this example. I think they would benefit from the collective knowledge gathered here on how to "up their game" for their next project. We should email them a link to this thread (if they aren't already reading it). Everyone in the community benefits when a top notch example is restored to factory correct specification - if for no other reason than the next restoration doesn't replicate incorrect details based on an imperfect example.

History is lost in the details.

Still a beautiful coupe - I'd kill to see Ceylon in person!

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Still a beautiful coupe - I'd kill to see Ceylon in person!
the coupe looks great in so many colors, @Stevehose knows how long i have coveted ceylon. to me, the six greatest colors for a coupe are baikal, ceylon, granatrot, inka, riviera + turkis. this is my opinion, yours may vary ... but i started with three and then kept bumping the number up. i also love atlantik / nacht, colorado, verona and taiga ... where do you stop ... that's 10. if i limited my choice to 3 it would be ceylon, granatrot + turkis.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
got my bowl of popcorn ready to watch the end of this auction, along with the black CSL. ceylon is at 66.6k with 4 hours to go. i think it will cross 75k, maybe 85k.

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
got my bowl of popcorn ready to watch the end of this auction, along with the black CSL. ceylon is at 66.6k with 4 hours to go. i think it will cross 75k, maybe 85k.

Me, too. And you can flip over to the Jerry Springer show with the tarted-up Pantera.

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have a dual monitor set up to "work" from home so will be able to watch both auctions (ending 15 minutes a part!)

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i'm guessing RNM as well. although BaT has been pushing for lower reserves ... munching popcorn

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Holy Cow. Auction ended, but then "checking for last second bids" and we are off again...

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
408EC173-5E1E-4BED-8B1B-C989F35E647A.jpeg

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Rob, who are you asking? i did not, just watching. just not as advanced as @DWMBMW. i was just flipping back and forth when i heard the chime ring.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
never really heard if this was originally ceylon or just a repaint in ceylon. good money for a nice car but not a great coupe.