Ideas please

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ok, this is just a little unofficial "Poll" but I thought I would attempt to get my mind back into the important things (e9's) after all this covid stuff, antifa, different color lives matter, ongoing election jitters, forest fires and the inexplicable lack of qualified poodle grooming facilities in the central US; but I digress-

I have a rather beat up e9- pictured below. I am considering anything but a stock restoration. So, I could just get her running as a beater, drop a V8 into her and make her a ratty sleeper or whatever. I'm looking for ideas: please feel free to contribute :)

Also, parts donations welcome

Attachments

• image52.jpeg
    image52.jpeg
    305.6 KB · Views: 183
  • rustinrockers.jpg
    rustinrockers.jpg
    290.8 KB · Views: 183
  • tundra9.jpg
    tundra9.jpg
    481.1 KB · Views: 181
  • tundra10.jpg
    tundra10.jpg
    433.9 KB · Views: 162

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I was thinking a powerplant from a 524TD, so it could sound like it looks...I actually looked into this for my now departed (not literally) parts car. Something about showing up at a high-brow event, with a knocking, smoking, stinking, diesel wrapped in an elegant coupe body seemed like a great juxtaposition...
The young man that bought my parts car is going rat-rod with a NASCAR tube frame and an LS-1...

tightbox

Reaction score
IMSA style CSL tribute is what I've got planned for one of my (admittedly less) needy chassis. Something subtle with side pipes and a lumpy idle that I can use as a nice daily driver to blend in with the crowd.

I saw this one in the BMW museum a few years back, and that sealed the deal for me! I've already gathered many of the parts for this vision, I just need @posix's 3D rendering project to come to fruition so we can start churning out perfectly accurate lightweight widebody panels on industrial scale printers to bring it across the finish line.

MunichCSL.png

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
A friend gave away a 35000 mile M30 motor from a 72 last year.
Still the cheapest best most dependable way to go.
Get a weber manifold and a manual dist with a petronix and put oil in it. Drive it 400000 miles.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Fatty sleeper:

Looks like a great car. Rare and super desirable color combo. Chrome hood/fender grills, and stainless wiper arms. All the good stuff!

If you just want to drive it soon forget about the rocker rust. Shoot it full of Waxoyl, fiberglass a patch, and deal with it later.

Engine: seems like the easiest/cheapest/fastest thing is a used B34/B35 3.5 liter with with good compression and dual carbs and nitrous

Mot27cars

Site Donor
Reaction score
Fatty sleeper:

Looks like a great car. Rare and super desirable color combo. Chrome hood/fender grills, and stainless wiper arms. All the good stuff!

If you just want to drive it soon forget about the rocker rust. Shoot it full of Waxoyl, fiberglass a patch, and deal with it later.

Engine: seems like the easiest/cheapest/fastest thing is a used B34/B35 3.5 liter with with good compression and dual carbs and nitrous
Nitrous???

andyleonard

Site Donor
Reaction score
Since you already have the rockers open *ahem* ... and are obviously planning to reinforce the chassis so the doors will still close and it won't break in half with it's new big motor...

Attachments

• 2800cs convt.jpg
    2800cs convt.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 131

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ideas? Parts?

- I can donate a pristine brake pedal for an automatic, so one idea would be to convert to 3 speed automatic so you can use my free pedal.
- Second idea would be Chamonix repaint with a red leather interior. Sell it for top dollars to an identity thief to impersonate Stan. I can donate a frozen moussaka, nothing like Greek food leftovers to convince people.
- I can confirm Alan's finding that V8s are petty cheap, but me, I hate vegetable juices.
- At high speed aerodynamics trump raw power, I would really do this: https://www.myscorecard.com/blog/?p=1278

Do send a shipping address for the pedal, tomato juice 12-pack, and the moussaka.