New member, lil' help near Daytona Beach, FL?

offpage

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi, nice to be here!

Long time lurker, recent member, first time poster. My first car (after I my parent's mini-van in high school) was an '85 E30 coupe, and I drive an '03 E46 M3 now.
I've wanted an E9 for my entire adult life, and finally am in a place in life to see if I can find a match. I'm looking at a 2800 that's currently near Daytona Beach, FL and I'm based in LA.

Can anyone recommend a good shop out there, that knows these cars, that I could have do an inspection on it?

Thanks!
Sam

Last edited:

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Really odd that someone would do a CSL body kit on a 2800. Also odd someone would put a M30b35 engine in the car, but they tear out the fuel injection for a set of Weber downdraft carbs.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yea, but he's only asking 40k which if it's solid (and this seller knows coupes) it's well worth it it with a 5spd, 3.5 and a decent Petri already... Need to have someone look it over but that can be said about any coupe doesn't matter what the price point is...

offpage

Site Donor
Reaction score
Really odd that someone would do a CSL body kit on a 2800. Also odd someone would put a M30b35 engine in the car, but they tear out the fuel injection for a set of Weber downdraft carbs.
I'm still very new to this world, why do you say odd about the body kit?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score

People have been putting bat kits on 2800CS since 1972. I don’t think it is odd at all.

I draw a lot of inspiration from beautiful carbureted B35’s such as the one in @m5bb ’s e9. Running a motronic B35 in an e9 is equally odd, and arguably less appropriate. Who am I to say however?

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
People have been putting bat kits on 2800CS since 1972. I don’t think it is odd at all.

I draw a lot of inspiration from beautiful carbureted B35’s such as the one in @m5bb ’s e9. Running a motronic B35 in an e9 is equally odd, and arguably less appropriate. Who am I to say however?

I guess to my way of thinking, it is somewhat like the folks who put M badges and other cosmetic stuff from M cars onto non-M cars. The fins are really only useful at fairly high rates of speed. Then again, he has upgraded the engine, so there is that.

e9john

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've done the same thing with mine, I just like the look but could never be able to afford a bat.

TodB

Reaction score
Darn, the link isn't active anymore.

@floridamax (I think his name is Ian) is the closest and it just maybe his car.

I'm 45 minutes north in Saint Augustine and Daytona bike week aside, I could go look at it but you really need to have a proper PPI done on it. Im not familar enough with the Daytona area so I can't reccomend anyone.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I guess to my way of thinking, it is somewhat like the folks who put M badges and other cosmetic stuff from M cars onto non-M cars. The fins are really only useful at fairly high rates of speed. Then again, he has upgraded the engine, so there is that.

I wonder when the spoilers enter into the realm
of acceptable modification. Off the top of my head I could rattle off four members here with bat kits bolted to their non-bat CSL. Is that the same as an M badge?

Baikal Bimmer

Reaction score
I wonder when the spoilers enter into the realm
of acceptable modification. Off the top of my head I could rattle off four members here with bat kits in their non-bat CSL. Is that the same as an M badge?
I would say when you take your car to occasional trackdays