A friend with a camera

Adaptor

Site Donor
Reaction score
We were on a trip to the city with the kids and decided to take som pictures. Wish I had cleaned it better inside tough :rolleyes: Just had to share this with you guys!

Credits for the photos goes to mye friend with the camera(s) @ http://www.fjordlapsephotography.com

BMW.jpg

BMW-2.jpg

BMW-3.jpg

I do like the Alpina, not sure if i should change to the Petri as planed after all??? :rolleyes:
BMW-10.jpg

Me, refusing to leave the car!
BMW-14.jpg

Me hearing it was about to rain!
BMW-16.jpg

Haha, just saw the grin on my face in the last pic. Priceless!
Hoping to get some more pictures later this summer :cool:

cheers

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nice seats! What brand and model are they? The 4 spoke Alpina wheel looks good in your interior. You should keep it if driving with it is comfortable.
And don't try to replace your rear seats with the armrest chair.... :)

Adaptor

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nice photos, interior is filthy, what’s the gizmo over the hand brake boot?

Thanks! well, maby not filthy, but no as clean as I’d like it to be in pictures ;)

That gizmo is something exotic as the seatbelt holder. Old style klippan system, the seatbelt is without a clip, it just hoops around that rod you see.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks! well, maby not filthy, but no as clean as I’d like it to be in pictures ;)

That gizmo is something exotic as the seatbelt holder. Old style klippan system, the seatbelt is without a clip, it just hoops around that rod you see.
I was being sarcastic about filthy.

Had old Klippan stuff in an early E3, but don’t remember those things. It WAS nearly 40 years ago though

beautiful car and photos

john

Adaptor

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nice seats! What brand and model are they? The 4 spoke Alpina wheel looks good in your interior. You should keep it if driving with it is comfortable.
And don't try to replace your rear seats with the armrest chair.... :)
The four spoke Alpina has a very nice feel! Love that it has thicker grip than the Petri. But the Petri looks prettier I think.

The seats came with the car and are made by Recaro. I know it was made in 2010 and never used until now. Someone here on the forum said it looked like E21 recaros, but I don’t know for sure.

The red chair is my workshop-chair and it stinks. Wouldn’t want that smell in my coupe ;)

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
The four spoke Alpina has a very nice feel! Love that it has thicker grip than the Petri. But the Petri looks prettier I think.

The seats came with the car and are made by Recaro. I know it was made in 2010 and never used until now. Someone here on the forum said it looked like E21 recaros, but I don’t know for sure.

The red chair is my workshop-chair and it stinks. Wouldn’t want that smell in my coupe ;)
They look like e21 sport Recaro but with a beautiful updated style to the ‘pleats’ really well done.

Adaptor

Site Donor
Reaction score
I was being sarcastic about filthy.

Had old Klippan stuff in an early E3, but don’t remember those things. It WAS nearly 40 years ago though

beautiful car and photos

john
I got the sarcastic part :)
They look like e21 sport Recaro but with a beautiful updated style to the ‘pleats’ really well done.

Now i remember what happened! I got a mail from mye reupholster if i wanted the front and rear seats to be a better match with the smaller slats, and i said yes. I had totally forgotten about that!:rolleyes: @Drew Gregg

This is how it looked before:

IMG_0010.JPG

He did his magic and got them looking like this. Here's also a better view of the Klippan belts:

21F966DD-6BFC-41DF-B46A-83C4A37338AA.jpeg

So you are absolutely right! They are some kind of updated E21 style seats.. Thank you for the nice comments :)

Last edited:

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Original is a smooth chrome hoop, yours looks modern and angular.
That’s what I remember too, and those awkward large clip ends would latch onto anywhere along the front of the hoop. Looks nothing like what’s in these pics.

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
I’ve never seen that style of belt, maybe not from a BMW? Seats look great.

All I know is that Saab 99 used that style of Klippan belts, and I remember some other european cars had them as well, but I was so young that I don't remember anything more specific. I think they're kinda cool.

saab99seatbelttypeused.jpeg

Adaptor

Site Donor
Reaction score
All I know is that Saab 99 used that style of Klippan belts, and I remember some other european cars had them as well, but I was so young that I don't remember anything more specific. I think they're kinda cool.

View attachment 121415

I think their cool to! Found a similar system on a early 911:
AFF32629-BE0E-4323-874B-3A6D43A77555.jpeg

@Gransin , I have to say; Your build thread is the reason I fell in love with the E9. Impressive build!! I know you say it's not concourse or 100% period correct etc, but that's part of what i love about it! Every modification that increases driveability or fixes design flaws is always welcome in my book. That's what a car is made for; to drive :D

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have to say; Your build thread is the reason I fell in love with the E9. Impressive build!! I know you say it's not concourse or 100% period correct etc, but that's part of what i love about it! Every modification that increases driveability or fixes design flaws is always welcome in my book. That's what a car is made for; to drive :D

Gosh, thank you for the kind words! Your coupe is a really sweet one as well! :cool:
I sure wish I had time to drive it more than I currently do, but I'm sure I'll get back to it soon enough, I'm just happy I was able to finish (ehrm..) the project when I did.