Rubber Block to hold rear quarter sill chrome

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Is there any interest in these? We had a few made and test fit on my coupe. They would be around $20 each plus shipping.

F8A19527-4344-4043-A8BA-73C11202EDE6.jpeg

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
That has an interesting look to the cross section, how were they made? I made some by 3D printing

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Great job. Very fair price!

I encourage everyone to check if your trim is actually screwed into place. If not, you probably need this block.

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
you put the block on the edge of metal, a transverse screw holds the block to the car, the fwd-aft screw holds the chrome trim to the block

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Is the original block rubber or hard plastic? Is it visible or covered by something. Sorry for all the questions but I don’t have my car with me to look. I’m guessing if I didn’t have that piece I would see sheet metal or missing rubber?

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
the original is hard plastic, if I remember they are reversible, not L and R unique, you rotate them 180
The sit under the forward end of the trim part some people call hockey stick
There is a screw in the end of the trim, I suppose if that screw was missing there is a good chance the block is missing

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Is the original block rubber or hard plastic? Is it visible or covered by something. Sorry for all the questions but I don’t have my car with me to look. I’m guessing if I didn’t have that piece I would see sheet metal or missing rubber?

I would be surprised if you didn’t have yours. You would be missing the screw on the end of the trim. Some of us with ongoing projects are likely to be missing the screw and the block

The originals are a hard black plastic.

akdavidmd

Reaction score
I would love a set. I fabricated one with thermoplastic beads last year, which works well enough, but would like a more accurate set for the future.