Golf csi on BAT

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
I do spot some rough metal repairs on the bottom. Some panels have sections replaced without having the welds nicely dressed.
Nevertheless; if this was done in 2000 as the add claims, the metal and paint work have been excellent as it still looks pristine.

1626864051620.png

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
I feels like the E9 is starting to become like the ubiquitous Porsche 911 and Alfa GTV auctions on BAT. On any given day there are 3-4 FS.

maybe E9’s are not as uncommon as some believe.

Lots of effort spent on this car. New floor pans look better installed than 90% of what I’ve seen.

was this done at CK or VSR1?

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Pretty car. Would love to see inside the trunk.

I like to see this Golf Coupe has the same seats as my CSi which I have been told are 2800CS seats.

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Pretty car. Would love to see inside the trunk.

I like to see this Golf Coupe has the same seats as my CSi which I have been told are 2800CS seats.
The seats are early 2800cs seats. The non scalloped headrests with the full real chrome finisher that goes across the bottom of the headrest. The seat back release lever at the hinge is what makes it an early seat. The downside of the the lever location is interference with the seatbelt.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
overall a very well presented car. i think this will do well. nice photography and cool color. i suspect it will do very well ... might do even better if it had bbs rs wheels (just kidding)

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Unique use of fuel hose as brake hose ...
Misunderstood engine braking ???

Some details that stuck out for me:
- Using screws on door trim...
- Headlight access covers held with some weird screws, not the white plastic originals
- Roundels in the side window flap knobs
- Rear speaker upholstered-in
- Exhaust corrosion vs. other undercarriage parts
- It is a Euro but the left mirror location is US ?

Love the color and the tire tread pattern!

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The seats are early 2800cs seats. The non scalloped headrests with the full real chrome finisher that goes across the bottom of the headrest. The seat back release lever at the hinge is what makes it an early seat. The downside of the the lever location is interference with the seatbelt.
Seems like a strange coincidence for both CSis have 2800CS seats. This Golf Coupe is 1675 VINs from mine.

Needs Scroth 3 point harnesses like mine.

IMG_9753.jpg
IMG_9754.jpg

overall a very well presented car. i think this will do well. nice photography and cool color. i suspect it will do very well ... might do even better if it had bbs rs wheels (just kidding)
Yes it needs a set of 16 RSs & then sky's the limit!

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Look closely people…

rusting hardware
wrong hardware
RTV oozing from the valve cover
distributor in wrong
wrong hoses
leaking coolant
sand blasted hardware
rusty caliper hardware

and all the suspension and steering gear rattle canned black along with the safety wire

No receipts, no names…..

Buyers need to do a physical PPI

Attachments

• A5A773D1-8369-482D-9F02-0194CAAFAB7D.jpeg
    A5A773D1-8369-482D-9F02-0194CAAFAB7D.jpeg
    252.9 KB · Views: 166

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Don, couldnt some of this be reusing unrestored hardware ! I’m thinking of that hose clamp specifically. The Thermo cover hardware has me confused, but I agree it looks painted after installation…

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
What is the little grill on the fold down armrest in picture 120?

There is no fender VIN tag. Maybe it never got reinstalled, you would hope they actually have it and that it would go with the car.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
M6 x 25 bolts are 22 cents each.... the question is why used old hardware, why does the housing need nuts when its threaded, why are there 2 washers on each bolt. Why doesn't the valve cover fit and need gobs of RTV?

A car from an unnamed shop in California goes to a unnamed shop in Portland, where the unnamed owner made a deal with an unnamed client. With no receipts or documentation. Now for sale with spray painted bushings and ball joints and rusty hardware on the brakes.

I'm missing it.

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
M6 x 25 bolts are 22 cents each.... the question is why used old hardware, why does the housing need nuts when its threaded, why are there 2 washers on each bolt. Why doesn't the valve cover fit and need gobs of RTV?

A car from an unnamed shop in California goes to a unnamed shop in Portland, where the unnamed owner made a deal with an unnamed client. With no receipts or documentation. Now for sale with spray painted bushings and ball joints and rusty hardware on the brakes.

I'm missing it.

Pretty sure I know who the unnamed shop and he is no longer in business.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The owner is Avant Garde Collection,
The avant-garde are people or works that are experimental, radical, or unorthodox with respect to art, culture, or society. It is frequently characterized by aesthetic innovation and initial unacceptability.