1973 3.0CS with M635 Engine

waynetusa

Reaction score
1973 BMW 3.0CS: Stunningly beautiful BMW, one of 779 sold in 1973, Tiaga Green over black, purchased 3/2005 with 28,000 miles showing (reportedly 128,000), now shows about 37,000 miles, Car was thoroughly inspected after purchase and necessary repairs completed including tie rods, center link, rear calipers/pads, belts, carbs, exhaust system, Blaupunkt radio/subwoofer/speakers, ignition coil, AC 134 conversion, washer pump, Bilstein shocks and Borbet wheels. The original engine was replaced with rebuilt M635 engine with reported 20,000 miles on rebuild and five speed Getrag transmission at about 33,000 miles. Installation included speedometer drive, hydroboost system, hoses/belts, fan clutch, throttle cable, tank sender, shift bushings, radiator, fuel pump, oil cooler, washer pump, custom driveshaft and E28 exhaust system (downstream of headers), Subsequent repairs have included a blower motor, thermostat, passenger side mirror, DME chip, brake calipers/ discs/pads/hoses, master cylinder, fuel lines, trunk tool holder and recent battery. Runs very well with 100 more HP than original six cylinder. Interior in good original condition except for front seats. Needs complete exterior restoration (visible rust in rocker panels, front fenders, trunk surround, engine surround and miscellaneous locations. Shock towers, firewall and undercarraige look OK to me. Comprehensive maintenance records since 2005. According to Bring-A-Trailer, 3.0CSs with replacement larger engines sell for $75,000 to $150,000. (Of the 69 3.0CS cars sold on BAT over the last four years none had an M635 engine.) This is a one of a kind car and I have gotten more compliments on this car than any other I have owned. Asking $29.500. Car is now located in the NYC area. Contact me at [email protected]
P1010018.JPG
P1010021.JPG
P1010022.JPG
P1010023.JPG
P1010039.JPG
P1010036.JPG

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
"Needs complete exterior restoration (visible rust in rocker panels, front fenders, trunk surround, engine surround and miscellaneous locations."

$$$

Cool drivetrain tho.

waynetusa

Reaction score
Perhaps I've underpriced it but it does need a significant cosmetic restoration. Drives great with the rebuilt M635 engine and no structural issues that I'm aware of.....

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I would think this is a "fair" price. Once a chassis restoration ensues, plus some interior work and all of the other items that will present - a buyer would easily spend $90k (or possibly much more). Nice drive train, and cool color.

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
1973 BMW 3.0CS: Stunningly beautiful BMW, one of 779 sold in 1973, Tiaga Green over black, purchased 3/2005 with 28,000 miles showing (reportedly 128,000), now shows about 37,000 miles, Car was thoroughly inspected after purchase and necessary repairs completed including tie rods, center link, rear calipers/pads, belts, carbs, exhaust system, Blaupunkt radio/subwoofer/speakers, ignition coil, AC 134 conversion, washer pump, Bilstein shocks and Borbet wheels. The original engine was replaced with rebuilt M635 engine with reported 20,000 miles on rebuild and five speed Getrag transmission at about 33,000 miles. Installation included speedometer drive, hydroboost system, hoses/belts, fan clutch, throttle cable, tank sender, shift bushings, radiator, fuel pump, oil cooler, washer pump, custom driveshaft and E28 exhaust system (downstream of headers), Subsequent repairs have included a blower motor, thermostat, passenger side mirror, DME chip, brake calipers/ discs/pads/hoses, master cylinder, fuel lines, trunk tool holder and recent battery. Runs very well with 100 more HP than original six cylinder. Interior in good original condition except for front seats. Needs complete exterior restoration (visible rust in rocker panels, front fenders, trunk surround, engine surround and miscellaneous locations. Shock towers, firewall and undercarraige look OK to me. Comprehensive maintenance records since 2005. According to Bring-A-Trailer, 3.0CSs with replacement larger engines sell for $75,000 to $150,000. (Of the 69 3.0CS cars sold on BAT over the last four years none had an M635 engine.) This is a one of a kind car and I have gotten more compliments on this car than any other I have owned. Asking $29.500. Car is now located in the NYC area. Contact me at [email protected]View attachment 128401View attachment 128403View attachment 128404View attachment 128405View attachment 128406View attachment 128407
I just sent you an email I will buy your car I like this color.

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I would think this is a "fair" price. Once a chassis restoration ensues, plus some interior work and all of the other items that will present - a buyer would easily spend $90k (or possibly much more). Nice drive train, and cool color.
I send an email and I will buy this car I think need about $40 K to $45 k needs to be perfect but you get your hand dirty if you send it to shop to restore it yes it needs $90 K as he said engine is in good condition interior and exterior strip the car take care of rust and repaint that's all it needs it is easy when you don't need any modification with $75 K you have one nice coupe