Just cost me $68 bucks to ship 8 pounds of plastic and foam (+ a little cardboard) to Cali

Mot27cars

Site Donor
Reaction score

Attachments

• 0E502BCF-70D8-4302-8A5C-17A633820453.png
    0E502BCF-70D8-4302-8A5C-17A633820453.png
    178.3 KB · Views: 101
  • 9E1BB235-05B9-492C-B407-0F8339FECD87.png
    9E1BB235-05B9-492C-B407-0F8339FECD87.png
    225.3 KB · Views: 113

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Right, Don, the PO can but rarely opens Media Mail. My Post Mistress simply asks, letters or notes inside? I answer, honestly, no. Off it goes. I suspect they are more suspicious of anything in "package form" than a thick Manilla envelope.

Don did you agree with the Post Office's determination the item was NOT Media Mail?

Dick, enjoyed the list of valid items, especially player piano rolls. I suspect nobody under 50 even knows what they are.
It was a box filled with lower radiator hoses….

I was pissed at wasting an hour of my time so the ebay seller could save 6 bucks

and embarrassed…

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I ordered 2 door chicklets from New Jersey and they went USPS from there over to Seattle now in Dallas on their way to New Orleans eventually o_O

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
So go look at your Fios TV bill or any utility bill. This is where I question the "advocates for the little guy and not the corporations". There is a $16 "sports" tax on my Fios bill. Started in NY and then spread all over. I have no extra sports channels. What's the $1 disability tax for on each cell phone each month? That's about 400 million a month would you say.

BTW: If you read this, you owe me an "Origin" fee, "Generation" fee and a "Delivery" fee.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Six months ago a neighbor who owns a card board box company was told by his Portuguese supplier that the cost of shipping had tripled. The other day another neighbor told me the cost of a shipping container had risen from $3,000. to $32,000. Accurate and true or not we are all facing heavy increases in everything we buy or even think about buying.

So ship those five-speeds and tool trays now and be glad you did.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I ordered 2 door chicklets from New Jersey and they went USPS from there over to Seattle now in Dallas on their way to New Orleans eventually o_O
Now my latest purchase was shipped Monday to New Orleans from Kansas City, MO for delivery today. Today's update has it arriving last night at the distribution center in Maine.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Steve, it still has a ways to go. Leave Maine by Thanksgiving headed for Houston. On to Minneapolis for a brief check in with The Raven, another Steve. Pony Express should have it to you by Christmas. Whoa, there is a shortage of horses so it may take a little longer. Good luck!

Dan Wood

Site Donor
Reaction score
Google search: "The United States Postal Service has suspended most of its deliveries to Australia, infuriating consumers waiting for mail and businesses relying on overseas sales.Oct 1, 2021"
What will be next?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Google search: "The United States Postal Service has suspended most of its deliveries to Australia, infuriating consumers waiting for mail and businesses relying on overseas sales.Oct 1, 2021"
What will be next?

Ugh! I was hoping to ship some stuff!!!

Baikallackierung

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone has thought about trains delivering goods to stores like the good old days. Do we really need to have toilet paper delivered to the house to save 10 cents?