Moke

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
So I was driving down one the main thoroughfares in town yesterday and glanced over to what looked like a whole row of new Mini Mokes. I couldn't believe it. I had no idea they sold those new. I'll swing by tomorrow or next time I can to take a quick photo, curious what they are going for new. Is this something new to America? It says Moke America. I realize they were originally British built. Funny....had to do a double take.

Rex Kapriellian

Reaction score
So I was driving down one the main thoroughfares in town yesterday and glanced over to what looked like a whole row of new Mini Mokes. I couldn't believe it. I had no idea they sold those new. I'll swing by tomorrow or next time I can to take a quick photo, curious what they are going for new. Is this something new to America? It says Moke America. I realize they were originally British built. Funny....had to do a double take.
Look at page 1 of this thread, the 2 I posted are the new Electric versions.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Cool I will, I figured it would be something like that. I will check that out, running out the door. Thanks.....from afar they looked very similar.

Rex Kapriellian

Reaction score
Nice! This one will be pricey. I drove in one the other day. The gas and oil smell took all the fun out of it. Gas would be nice to own. Electric would be fun run around in.

Rex Kapriellian

Reaction score
This one had leaks. It’s was just a turn off. I had a 4 seater Chrysler Gem and that always worked. No smell no noise. I know I know. Not the same, but sometimes you don’t want to experience that for a quick run.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
The California title is huge on this one these days, isn't it? Looks great.

The electric Mokes are cute, but limited to 25 mph. I feel like I would be making people annoyed if I drove one here, with a 35 mph limit (even though it is legal).

Rex Kapriellian

Reaction score

The electric Mokes are cute, but limited to 25 mph. I feel like I would be making people annoyed if I drove one here, with a 35 mph limit (even though it is legal).
You will. I did. I drove it on 45 posted all the time. Key is no eye contact. L O L. How mad can you get at an egg shaped golf cart?

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

And I'm sure there is a quick tune work around for the 25mph limiter. I bought my Yanmar Longhorn which is basically a Yamaha Viking and it had a 25mph limiter electronically because it was a commercial vehicle for construction job sites, etc. All that I had to do was download a program for free online, uncheck the 25mph limiter box and boom. 50mph+. What's funny is I could have increased the tune but decided even 40mph in that thing is fast enough for me, especially around town when speed limit is 35mph. Has plenty of zip and I won't have to worry about fouling plugs etc. with a hot tune. I'm sure you can do the same with the electronic Moke but not sure how that would work with electric motor, has to be regulated electronically......I'm sure there is a work around...... But I don't know for sure.

I bet there is a site that you could research and see if someone already figured that out. I was pissing people off driving 25mph in a 35mph zone until I fixed it and it was annoying as you could feel the limiter kicking in all the time. I used to have a 5HP Briggs and Stratton go-cart as a kid, learned there was a governor on it, took it off immediately and it ripped, never blew the motor after years and years of abuse. Those engines are amazing.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
WTB : Barbie and Ken hood ornament..........

1639057634987.png

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
@bavbob

this was one fine Moke, complete restored to new. A "lux" version with leather compfy seats. Our "sailboat" grocery getter for 5 years in the South of France ......sold it back to the PO who did the restoration ! ...as his little girls wanted it so badly back .....real fun machine ... in good weather :D