Southeast Sharkfest 2022 - Celebrate the E9!

xing6666

Reaction score
Hi All!

As of two days ago, registration went live for Southeast Sharkfest 2022, to be held in Chattanooga, TN on the weekend of April 21st. This is our first year back since our pre-pandemic 2019 event and we are so looking forward to welcoming the family once again.

To my knowledge, Southeast Sharkfest is the only show in the country that specifically honors the E9 with a designated concours class. Hopefully those who have been can attest to the quality of the event. We really hope to see a great showing from the granddaddy of our big coupe lineage.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me at [email protected] or visit the website at www.bmwsharkfest.org. Can’t wait for spring! :)

B0ADB7F8-689F-4556-AF12-42837BF1567D.jpeg

37168030-4C34-4C93-BCDF-8C9210764D42.jpeg

A48761DE-697A-4FE1-854C-D22BF836A428.jpeg

xing6666

Reaction score
Wish I could attend sometime. Legends of the Autobahn has a dedicated e9 class including its predecessor events.
And we would very much love to have you.

I stand corrected… reading back that does seem like a pompous assumption. I guess we’re not that special after all. ;)

My wording should have been - ONE of the few.

hans3

Site Donor
Reaction score
What's the best area hotel for 1-car trailer parking? The host hotel has a multistory garage as I recall. One can scour Google maps for hotel parking layouts, but I'm guessing someone already knows of good options.

dbower

Reaction score
The Chattanooga Motorcar Festival was recently held there, with LOTS of trailers. Those organizers would certainly have some ideas.

xing6666

Reaction score
What's the best area hotel for 1-car trailer parking? The host hotel has a multistory garage as I recall. One can scour Google maps for hotel parking layouts, but I'm guessing someone already knows of good options.
You are correct that the parking garage for the host hotel is a multi-story lot. As we always have people who trailer, I’m working with the city to secure on-street parking for trailers at metered spots across the street from the host hotel. If that does not work out, there are several ground-level private lots around the hotel so we may be able to work something out with them as well. I’ll have updates on a solution for this as we get closer.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
This is a great event for the E9 group.
Around 100 cars with a growing E9 attendance.
Great venue with the show along the Tennessee River.

Chattanooga Motoring Festival was in Chattanooga in October.
Quite a show and great location for a car show.

You should consider putting this on your post Omicron attendance schedule.
We certainly hope it will have run it course by April.

Maybe we can beat the Vintage record of 13 E9's.

Hope to see you there.

Gary Beck

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'd like to do this, was planning on Amelia Island but might blow that off for this, according to Google Maps it's only a 7 hour drive which means I can do it in 6 (allegedly :cool:).

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Kai and Nat do a very nice job with this event, and have done so for may years. I started going when I determined to find my coupe. I wanted to attend events where I could meet and learn from coupe owners.

I remember at the first Sharkfest I attended, I was staring at the triple Webers in Amy Lester's coupe when she walked up and said "do you want to hear it run?" Hell yeah, I love induction noise.

xing6666

Reaction score
This is a great event for the E9 group.
Around 100 cars with a growing E9 attendance.
Great venue with the show along the Tennessee River.

Chattanooga Motoring Festival was in Chattanooga in October.
Quite a show and great location for a car show.

You should consider putting this on your post Omicron attendance schedule.
We certainly hope it will have run it course by April.

Maybe we can beat the Vintage record of 13 E9's.

Hope to see you there.

Gary Beck

Thanks Gary! Appreciate the plug - as many of you know, I have always loved the e9 and I would love love LOVE to see a great E9 showing for Sharkfest.

I'd like to do this, was planning on Amelia Island but might blow that off for this, according to Google Maps it's only a 7 hour drive which means I can do it in 6 (allegedly :cool:).

Whoooaaaa.... blow off Amelia Island for Sharkfest? Now THAT'S something we can put in our marketing e-mails :D. It's definitely a more intimate event than Amelia - I certainly hope to see you there!
Kai and Nat do a very nice job with this event, and have done so for may years. I started going when I determined to find my coupe. I wanted to attend events where I could meet and learn from coupe owners.

I remember at the first Sharkfest I attended, I was staring at the triple Webers in Amy Lester's coupe when she walked up and said "do you want to hear it run?" Hell yeah, I love induction noise.

I remember Amy and her coupe! Thank you for the positive feedback - I look forward to seeing you again this year.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Amelia is probably out for me too!
Tried repeatedly to sign up for Saturday Cars and it's not offered.
Emailed a person I know there and they told me it would open up. Never has.
Now that Hagerty has taken over it seems to have some growing pains including a name change to "The Amelia".

I went to Chattanooga Motoring Festival last October.
I was great and Chattanooga is a fun town and hasn't gotten as expensive as Amelia.

Gary

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi All - I'm in.

I see a handful of coupes already booked, including:

- Gary Beck's finally finished machine
- Doug Dolan's beautiful Korman s38 coupe
- Don Bowers' pristine 2800
- Scott Hughes' 73 CSL
- Frank Grepo's coupe (I thought he was a 2002 guy; is he here?)
- George Whitely's "Steve Blingham" car, and
two coupes I don't know.

I know Tom Baruch (bmwski) is coming too. That brings us to ten coupes, and I don't yet see Tod B, Stevehose or hans 3 on the registration list. C'mon guys. Get with the program.

I'll need to reach out to a few others and prompt them along (Wayne, Stan, Andrew...). And what about that guy who bought the car Macha was representing. This would make a very nice coming out party for him and his new machine.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I would like to attend & hoped to this year as it’s the weekend before the Mid-America ‘02Fest in Eureka Springs Arkansas.

Doing both poses logistical problems, one of the problems living in Maine. No time to get home to switch cars & head to Arkansas.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I don't think my work schedule these days will permit me going, this one is on my list though.

Adkfrank

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi All - I'm in.

I see a handful of coupes already booked, including:

- Gary Beck's finally finished machine
- Doug Dolan's beautiful Korman s38 coupe
- Don Bowers' pristine 2800
- Scott Hughes' 73 CSL
- Frank Grepo's coupe (I thought he was a 2002 guy; is he here?)
- George Whitely's "Steve Blingham" car, and
two coupes I don't know.

I know Tom Baruch (bmwski) is coming too. That brings us to ten coupes, and I don't yet see Tod B, Stevehose or hans 3 on the registration list. C'mon guys. Get with the program.

I'll need to reach out to a few others and prompt them along (Wayne, Stan, Andrew...). And what about that guy who bought the car Macha was representing. This would make a very nice coming out party for him and his new machine.
I will see you all at the event. I'm not just a 2002 guy but a vintage BMW guy LOL

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I will see you all at the event. I'm not just a 2002 guy but a vintage BMW guy LOL
Hi Frank - just giving you a little grief about having less than 100 posts here! I look forward to seeing you and your coupe.