74 3.0CS For Sale

kys911t

Site Donor
Reaction score
I will be listing my 74 3.0CS. Currently at CoupeKing having a few items sorted out before the sale. I will be relocating/retiring and moving to Japan to pursue the next chapter of Journeys and explorations. It's a very original, matching numbers engine and automatic transmission car. I think it's an excellent driver, not a show car, but those who may want to go that route, I think this car is one that has great potential. Im not aware of any rust issues. I've owned this car since the early 1980s and purchased from the second owner and he from a woman in Beverly Hills I think. I believe the milage is approximately 177K. CoupeKing maintains my car and rebuilt motor and entire underside has been redone. Updated and Cool running AC. Erik and Peter are both familiar with my car. No dents or dings, couple of small rock chips. Original carpets still nice, seats have no tears recently redyed blue leather interior. Silver exterior painted by Steve Cognata originally in Burbank. I put on a set of hard to find 16" staggered HB wheels as I preferred them to the Alpinas. I will provide detailed photos top and bottom and critical rust prone spots along with other photos, when I get back into town (currently at the Porsche Parade in PalmSprings). Most likely will list on BAT unless I can find a suitable buyer prior to going live. I've owned this car for many years now, third owner California Car, originally purchased in Beverly Hills, it's been a joy to drive, never spots getting compliments, but I don't see it doing well in Japan. Not sure of the market later this year but I thinking low100K asking or best reasonable offer. Thanks for everyones time. Here is a snapshot for reference.

Attachments

• 3.0CS.jpeg
    3.0CS.jpeg
    285.3 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Cool car! If you are thinking about listing it on BaT, I have some suggestions and comments. I've sold three cars on BaT, the first one was the Fjord 02 that I sold 5 years ago and the latest was my 635 euro that sold in January of this year. Getting through their process has taken longer each time, so you might want to get started sooner than later. The word has been out about getting the most money possible on BaT, so they get hundreds of submissions daily and they are have gotten picky. Your coupe will no doubt be accepted but then you have to agree on a reserve. You could go back and forth with them via email for a week or two just agreeing on that. Also, you have to have everything ready when you first submit your application, that means at least a hundred detailed photos and now videos are expected by potential buyers. You have to have all that done before they even say yes. Once they say yes, then you wait. It could be a couple of months before your car goes live. Then when your auction is live, you need to be very engaged and reply quickly and honestly to questions. Probably the worst thing, now many commenters on BaT seem to be an experts on how badly our cars rust. So be ready, their will be commenters with no intention of bidding on your car that will have no problem asking you pull your car apart to prove there is no rust. If you don't appease them, they will cry fowl.

I truly believe BaT offers the best chance to get the most money for your car, you just need to go into it knowing it's a bit of a grueling process.

Last edited:

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I would skip the BaT gauntlet, do what Vince suggests, and post/sell here. You will almost certainly engage with a committed future steward. You might pocket a little less but the whole process will be much less time consuming and stressful.

Steve

kys911t

Site Donor
Reaction score
Cool car! If you are thinking about listing it on BaT, I have some suggestions and comments. I've sold three cars on BaT, the first one was the Fjord 02 that I sold 5 years ago and the latest was my 635 euro that sold in January of this year. Getting through their process has taken longer each time, so you might want to get started sooner than later. The word has been out about getting the most money possible on BaT, so they get hundreds of submissions daily and they are have gotten picky. Your coupe will no doubt be accepted but then you have to agree on a reserve. You could go back and forth with them via email for a week or two just agreeing on that. Also, you have to have everything ready when you first submit your application, that means at least a hundred detailed photos and now videos are expected by potential buyers. You have to have all that done before they even say yes. Once they say yes, then you wait. It could be a couple of months before your car goes live. Then when your auction is live, you need to be very engaged and reply quickly and honestly to questions. Probably the worst thing, now many commenters on BaT seem to be an experts on how badly our cars rust. So be ready, their will be commenters with no intention of bidding on your car that will have no problem asking you pull your car apart to prove there is no rust. If you don't appease them, they will cry fowl.

I truly believe BaT offers the best chance to get the most money for your car, you just need to go into it knowing it's a bit of a grueling process.
Thank you very much for your comments. Yes, I've heard same things related to BAT. Appreciate your input.

kys911t

Site Donor
Reaction score
I would skip the BaT gauntlet, do what Vince suggests, and post/sell here. You will almost certainly engage with a committed future steward. You might pocket a little less but the whole process will be much less time consuming and stressful.

Steve
Thank you Steve, Agree, my preference would be for my car to go to someone who is committed to these cars and continues to enjoy driving it like I have. Not in it to flip and make a few $$'s

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I know Kirk and I know his car. Both are shining examples of what quality and integrity are all about. He is a meticulous caretaker and, if I was in the market, I would not hesitate to seriously consider this car.

kys911t

Site Donor
Reaction score
I know Kirk and I know his car. Both are shining examples of what quality and integrity are all about. He is a meticulous caretaker and, if I was in the market, I would not hesitate to seriously consider this car.
Thanks Bo for the kind comments

calspyderman

Reaction score
Shout out to @Bmachine for comments on Kirk and his car. Especially with this type of car - it is as much about getting comfortable with the owner as it is the car. I AM in the market, and encouraged by your post, I have PMed Kirk and he is indeed a real gentleman. I hope to make the transition from enthusiast forum member to "owner forum member" by being an alternative to him running the BaT gauntlet this Fall.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Shout out to @Bmachine for comments on Kirk and his car. Especially with this type of car - it is as much about getting comfortable with the owner as it is the car. I AM in the market, and encouraged by your post, I have PMed Kirk and he is indeed a real gentleman. I hope to make the transition from enthusiast forum member to "owner forum member" by being an alternative to him running the BaT gauntlet this Fall.
Excellent. Best of luck to you both.

kys911t

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nice rig.

Curious if you did the bumper conversion or PO did?

Look at dem power mirrors!
Sorry for late response. I bought the front and bumpers on line, I forget if from this forum or Ebay. I was originally going to have the bumpers retrofitted by Coupeking, but found a conversion tube that is made by a gentleman in Canada, nicely made and was able to do the work myself and avoided cutting up, just incase someone wanted for some strange reason converting in back to the Aluminum Big Bumpers. I found plugs, painted them or inserted them into small holes that the large rubber closed off the body from the Aluminum bumpers. Ended up very clean!

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Be sure to get it on a lift and take a lot of hi-res pics. Lots of pics of the trunk w/o the spare tire in it, behind the glove box/fuse box doors, etc.

Couple of vids (driving and walkaround) at least.

Good luck! Market is fickle now, but six figures for a beautiful car like your's is definitely do-able!

kys911t

Site Donor
Reaction score
Be sure to get it on a lift and take a lot of hi-res pics. Lots of pics of the trunk w/o the spare tire in it, behind the glove box/fuse box doors, etc.

Couple of vids (driving and walkaround) at least.

Good luck! Market is fickle now, but six figures for a beautiful car like your's is definitely do-able!
Thanks for advice! Agree market is all over the place right now, but isn't always the case.