Bronzit 1974 3.0CSa in Encinitas (NMNA)

cicada

Site Donor $
Reaction score

I know this dealer has been around for a while. Sure would look better without the ghastly bumpers. Bronzit isn't something you see every day on the E9s.

Trunk lid seems to sit funny although it might be the warped reflection of the photographer.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Needs to be looked at…

Attachments

• F4841BD8-F501-4CD3-B4C8-529F92AB0D8B.jpeg
    F4841BD8-F501-4CD3-B4C8-529F92AB0D8B.jpeg
    202.7 KB · Views: 218

Tim M

Reaction score
What is the bottle mounted to strut bolts and tube over the valve cover used for? My 74 didn't have these parts.

Eric V

Site Donor $
Reaction score
What is the bottle mounted to strut bolts and tube over the valve cover used for? My 74 didn't have these parts.
Overflow reservoir for the automatic transmission. I’m a previous owner of this car.

cicada

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Overflow reservoir for the automatic transmission. I’m a previous owner of this car.
I just went back into your old posts and saw the nice work you did on the wood trim and upholstery. What kind of rust did the car have? The listing speaks of an "upgraded" audio system, did you do that as well?

Eric V

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I just went back into your old posts and saw the nice work you did on the wood trim and upholstery. What kind of rust did the car have? The listing speaks of an "upgraded" audio system, did you do that as well?
The car had the usual rust in the usual places but hid it pretty well and I enjoyed the car anyway. May have had some rust repair since then.
Someone prior to me installed an Alpine AM/FM with CD player and put 2 speakers in the door panels and 2 in the rear shelf. It was wired wrong and had blown its fuse, all I did was download the online manual and correct that, works great sounds great but certainly not high end audiophile equipment.

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thought it looked familiar. Ad states: “Long Term Ownership”. Wonder what qualifies these days?

Ha! Kinda like what 'low miles' means now. I used to think under 50 to 75k was low miles, now people advertise their cars as low miles at 150K.

Eric V

Site Donor $
Reaction score

Dealer has it on BaT now.

Eric V

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Appears to be a metal strip attached to passenger fender, can’t see driver fender very well but something is going on.
There was some sort of band aid there, appeared to be riveted over that seam, I never pulled it off to see what was underneath.

Eric V

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I am very surprised at the lack of usual BaT comments about showing the usual rust-prone areas and getting a professional pre-purchase evaluation. And about the automatic transmission. And the diving board bumpers. And would you please take off the rocker covers and post more pictures. And what a shame about the incorrect color change…. Comments were very accepting.

cicada

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I am, too, and I am especially surprised at this price considering the very nice blue one that sold in Portland last week for 52, which I felt was a nicer car with apparently no rust... but that seller was a real piece of work. Really a marvel that he was that way considering it was a no reserve auction!