16789147776655197361073527838223.jpg
    609.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 1678914810040147793525013264886.jpg
    1678914810040147793525013264886.jpg
    633.8 KB · Views: 103

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Mr.Marcos. First of all I wasn't aware of any rule stating that what I am doing is against the rules.
I have purchased many parts from members and than resold them to members who were happy getting the part they needed.
I have also given many parts to members free without asking for shipping costs. I also have given tips on where a part is located to members who are looking for a hard to find part.
These moldings wouls need hours of work to make them in driver quality. This gives me something to do since I am unable to do any other type of work due to hearth conditions.
This forum has given me life and I enjoy every moment as a MEMBER.
I would be happy to hear from other members about this matter and if I receive many members who feel the same I will give up my membership of this forum and only work with the 2002 Forum.
Any members who would like to contnue our trusted membership can email me at : [email protected].
Thanks for Your Time.

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Mr.Marcos. First of all I wasn't aware of any rule stating that what I am doing is against the rules.
I have purchased many parts from members and than resold them to members who were happy getting the part they needed.
I have also given many parts to members free without asking for shipping costs. I also have given tips on where a part is located to members who are looking for a hard to find part.
These moldings wouls need hours of work to make them in driver quality. This gives me something to do since I am unable to do any other type of work due to hearth conditions.
I would be happy to hear from other members about this matter and if I receive many members who feel the same I will give up my membership of this forum and only work with the 2002 Forum.
Any members who would like to contnue our trusted membership can email me at : [email protected].
Thanks for Your Time.
Hi Harry,

You asked, so here is my two pennies on it.

It's not against any rules - it's just about common decency. The forum is is about helping fellow members, most importantly when its parts, something somebody else might need.

The member above offered them free to who wants them, a serious kindness and exactly what I believe is the essence of the forum.

Do you need them ?

If not, then you should really leave them to somebody who does, rather than profiting out of the kindness being offered.

Sorry to be blunt - but profiting from the friendship offered within the group, is not what I understand this forum is about.

Thank you

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
I can say with certainty that Harry has been and hopefully will continue to be an asset for this forum. He sees situations like this as a way to obtain and improve parts and return them to forum members for either no appreciable profit or to donate any profit he has made to the forum. Taking free parts and flipping them for profit is just something that is not in Harry's vocabulary. He is the salt of the earth and perhaps some actions have been misinterpreted but I assure you he has only good intentions.

Baikallackierung

Reaction score
We all get into part rescue mode so I understand KOOPMAN'S enthusiasm. Lets all hope KOOPMAN stays and we all get a little food for thought.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The fact is, these "free to a forum member in need" parts were meant for another forum member who needs these parts. Not for someone who replied quickly only to re-sell to a forum member at profit later. This is a real turn-off.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for Your Time.

Hi Harry, don't worry, he can't help it. A good administrator should think thrice about the damage he does to you, the damage to Jeanm3 that gives the parts (another FS thread spoiled), and the damage he does to all of us; maybe a PM could have clarify the point, should it had been necessary (which is not), with you in an isolated way without creating all this fuss.

Harry I don't care what you do with the parts, it seems to me that if you recover them and improve them you do a great service, and if you later put them up for sale it will be the market who decides, and a possible buyer will thank you for your work.

I hope that this unfortunate admin intervention that has hurt you, not only does not prevent us from continuing to count on you, but also does not prevent you from having the pieces generously offered by @jeanm3

thank you harry!!!

Last edited:

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Harry, don't worry, he can't help it. A good administrator should think thrice about the damage he does to you, the damage to Jeanm3 that gives the parts (another FS thread spoiled), and the damage he does to all of us; maybe a PM could have clarify the point, should it had been necessary (which is not), with you in an isolated way without creating all this fuss.

Harry I don't care what you do with the parts, it seems to me that if you recover them and improve them you do a great service, and if you later put them up for sale it will be the market who decides, and a possible buyer will thank you for your work.

I hope that this unfortunate admin intervention that has hurt you, not only does not prevent us from continuing to count on you, but also does not prevent you from having the pieces generously offered by @jeanm3

thank you harry!!!
deQuincy,

Why are you escalating this with your own personal attack on Markos ?

Hurt Harry ?

He can't help it?

A good administrator should ?

Maybe you should listen to your own words and have PM'ed this message.

As somebody who knows Markos well, he has been unbelievably helpful to me and many, many others. Any words he uses, he is always thinking about the forum as a whole. Like my words say above "helping others" and thinking about what this forum was built on, passionate E9 lovers helping each other. Should you be using the forum for profit, then as the saying goes "if you cant stand the heat, get out of kitchen"

Dragging this forum into am muddy personal war, like we see on most other car forums, has been resisted and should continue to be resisted.

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks to the support from fellow members. I am too old and no I cannot take the HEAT. Too many of my Doctors repeatedly tell me to be careful of STRESS and this stupid situation stressed me out. I am trying to make it to my 80th birthday which is seven months away so I'm going to take a break away from the Forum.
Thanks to all the members who have helped me through this journey since 1999 when I purchased the 2000CS.
Harry Malkasian