FS - '73 rear bumper - feeler

bimmerboy73

Reaction score
Thinking about letting my 73 rear bumper go as i'll be bolting up a 2000cs all chrome bumper as part of my resto. Any idea what these things go for these days? Its in pretty nice condition with very very slight pitting. Its a 1973 so it has the oval spacers and spacer blocks for the 'under riders'. Also comes with the NLA rubber covers for the oval brackets. overall, i would rate it somewhere between a 7 - 8 out of 10...

I can post pics a bit later. Just curious as to what i can expect to get for it.

Thanks in advance

execmalibu

Reaction score
Interested in the bumper!!

I am interested in the rear bumper...

That bumper will fit 1973 only! The 1973 bumper only has one mounting bolt welded inside and must use the hoop bracket to move it away from the body while the other E9 (1969-1972) rear bumpers have two mounting bolts welded inside that are in a different location. These fit tight to the body.

Jeff
[email protected]

Last edited:

bimmerboy73

Reaction score
I am interested in the rear bumper...

That bumper will fit 1973 only! The 1973 bumper only has one mounting bolt welded inside and must use the hoop bracket to move it away from the body while the other E9 (1969-1972) rear bumpers have two mounting bolts welded inside that are in a different location. These fit tight to the body.

Jeff
[email protected]

I guess the way i would say it is that the bumper will only work with the bracket. It wont even fit a 1973 car without it because as you stated, there is only one mounting hole in the bumper. That is why i described the bumper as coming with the bracket and cover and spacing block for the under-rider things.

So, the bumper will work on any e9 body, any year, so long as you are ok with the additional offset from the body.

execmalibu

Reaction score
Bumpers offered for $300 for the pair ($150 each)

1970 2800c bumpers
no dings great shape
$150.00 each plus shipping located in Phoenix, AZ
Attached Thumbnails

BMW E9 COUPE 2000CS 3.0CS EARLY EURO SMOOTH REAR BUMPER

Enlarge

Item condition: Used
Compatibility: This information is not available.
Sold For: US $425.00

bimmerboy73

Reaction score
pictures...

I didnt really take time to clean or polish it and it hasnt been polished since spring of last year so theres a little schmutz here and there but nothing major that cant be lifted with a bit of brasso or other metal cleaner or polish. The rubber trim that fits onto the ends of the bumper and the license plate lights depicted are not included in the sale. I do have an additional set of lights that i'll throw in that are identical to the ones in the photos but show slightly more wear. The dark discoloration on the rubber strips is from some lysol spray that i used to quickly used to wipe it down.

DSCN2284 by J_Otte, on Flickr

DSCN2286 by J_Otte, on Flickr

DSCN2285 by J_Otte, on Flickr

DSCN2287 by J_Otte, on Flickr

DSCN2288 by J_Otte, on Flickr

DSCN2289 by J_Otte, on Flickr

DSCN2290 by J_Otte, on Flickr

DSCN2291 by J_Otte, on Flickr

DSCN2292 by J_Otte, on Flickr

execmalibu

Reaction score
How much are you asking?

No rubber?

Does it come with the riveted piece to hold the rubber on?

How much?