[Pics] Restoration of my '66 2000CS

Rafal

Reaction score
I was living in Poland, where at age of 13 I found this 1966 2000CS in Kissing, Germany.

I gave my dad all my savings and asked to buy and bring to Poland. He is a car nut too, he had a 1966 Mercedes W110 220D at that time.

Long story short, here's how it looked when we got it:
p82500074sl.jpg

p82500068ng.jpg

It went through some rebuilding:
p42301923ol.jpg

p61500292ao.jpg

p61500272im.jpg

Up to this state:
bmw003a.jpg

bmw002m.jpg

bmw001c.jpg

All it needs now is a complete wiring harness and new carpet (found a seller on ebay that can make a complete set for $370 shipped).

Any leads on the wiring harness? If not buy, I would need a diagram for it.

Plan is to complete it and bring it to States, Boston, where I live.

Best,
Rafal

rdholland

Reaction score
Nice Job

Rafal,
It looks like you dealt with a fair amount of rust removal, as evident in the before pictures. I assume there was also rust well inside of the fenders? Do you have any pictures during the process of installing new metal in these places? Rocker panels?

If you could email me some additional pictures or if they are uploaded to a site like Photobucket, that would be great. I have just finished evaluating my 68 2000CS so that I can completely understand what I am getting into before I begin. I have a project thread on mine as well; it is the one called "Newbie finds 68 2000CS stored for 22 years".

Since I have no previous first hand experience with these cars my perspective was limited to just pictures of the cars on the internet and it has been difficult to find good detailed images of the process. Please let me know what you think of the areas I am going to have to deal with on mine. You could email additional pics to [email protected]

I hope you are able to bring your car over soon; it really is beautiful!

Regards,
Rob

Rafal

Reaction score
Rafal,
It looks like you dealt with a fair amount of rust removal, as evident in the before pictures. I assume there was also rust well inside of the fenders? Do you have any pictures during the process of installing new metal in these places? Rocker panels?

If you could email me some additional pictures or if they are uploaded to a site like Photobucket, that would be great. I have just finished evaluating my 68 2000CS so that I can completely understand what I am getting into before I begin. I have a project thread on mine as well; it is the one called "Newbie finds 68 2000CS stored for 22 years".

Since I have no previous first hand experience with these cars my perspective was limited to just pictures of the cars on the internet and it has been difficult to find good detailed images of the process. Please let me know what you think of the areas I am going to have to deal with on mine. You could email additional pics to [email protected]

I hope you are able to bring your car over soon; it really is beautiful!

Regards,
Rob

Hi, I'll try to dig up some pictures. It was done 6 years ago and I wasn't working on it myself. It was stripped to shell.

Thanks!

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I love reading about car restorations started by 13 year olds. My Son will be 13 next year. I hope he gets the Bug.

Rafal

Reaction score
I love reading about car restorations started by 13 year olds. My Son will be 13 next year. I hope he gets the Bug.

Hah, yeah I think it is a significant reason why I already had 6 cars and drive a C6 now, at age of 22. I love cars.