0-60 in 1.9 seconds - 8.90 in the 1/4

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Well...0-340mph in the quarter mile on top-fuel dragsters...don't think we need to worry about passing out.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Seems to me there will be pedestrians cut down by silent Teslas like this driven by the unskilled and undisciplined. Quite amazed that the subsidies continue for this tech when you consider it is for the very wealthy.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
IT's like anything. Remember when VCRs came out? SOmething like >$1000 USD? Which was a lot of money back in say 1980.

It'll eventually come down, but what we need is more infrastructure. MOre charging stations along main highways and rest areas.

jmackro

Reaction score
It'll eventually come down, but what we need is more infrastructure. MOre charging stations along main highways and rest areas.

I'm not getting how building more charging stations will reduce the purchase price of electric cars.

I'm also not getting how the cost of electric cars can come down dramatically (like the way the cost of VCR's and computers came down). 90% of an electric car is just a car - tires, bodywork, interior, etc. - we've had 100+ years to bring those components all the way down their cost curve. The remaining 10% will get cheaper, but by how much? The stuff that goes into the batteries is scarce, hard to handle, and has a finite lifespan.

Sure electric cars are a neat technology (despite being powered by coal in many areas). But I don't think they are a panacea.

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Fastest car your tax dollars ever built. $8.4 Billion in US gov't subsidies to Elon Musk... no wonder he always has that smug look on his face.

sorry...not sorry

Ed Z