17" BMW wheel fitment

Nurburger

Reaction score
Hello all.

Looking for some information regarding the photo below. You will notice that this beautiful E9 is sporting a set of BBS style 5's, in what looks to be 8" & 9" staggered widths.

I've searched & searched & found nothing regarding what is necessary to fit these to an E9. The only thing I've come across was a set of style 32's.

Any information regarding spacers / tire size etc would be appreciated.

post-15-1151419565.jpg

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
Thanks Barry for these pictures. I've wondered for some time how 8" rims could fit since I found that with my 7"x16" Alpinas with 225/50s the edge of the tire tread stuck out beyond the fender lip on one side and were very close to the strut tube on the other.

Nurburger

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I'm concerned about the front offest more than anything. The "throwing star" E34 wheels that Barry posted are ET10, the style 5 wheels that we want to fit are ET20 which as suggested would likely scrape against the strut housing.

Wish I could find the guy who owns that car...!

pamp

Reaction score
Wheels

I did recently try a set of 15'' marked as BMW e20 and they cleared the strut no problem.
Doubt this helps.
Al

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score

Wish I could find the guy who owns that car...!

Another case for le inspecteur. This is an Eastern Euro E9. This picture was taken in Hungary on June 21, 2008. The June humidity in Budapest is why the lady half shown on the left appears to walk with a wedgie (but so do soviet legacy underwear factories).

The trash container lists a Hungarian Vodafone cell phone, 7 digits after the area code suggest Budapest proper, not just Hungary. The event is the Budapest Classic Grand Prix. The fellow kneeling next to the car wears the event white cap, that makes him an event organizer, rather than the E9 asking any hungarian for directions, so the location is within walking distance of the event parking lot.

The E9 is hungarian, so maybe mon Magyar ami Gabor ([email protected]) can put you in touch with the driver.

Last edited:

cookbw

Reaction score
Wow...great looking fjord CS!

I too have 17x8's on my car and had it lowered about 2". The wheels are 15 spoke BMW's with a 5mm spacer to prevent them from rubbing the strut. I've put about 600 miles on the car with the new wheels with no issues whatsoever.

Attachments

• photo411.jpg
    photo411.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 249
  • photo410.jpg
    photo410.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 204