19 Years Ago, I Bought My Coupe

I think Vince's E9 was the one to convince me to go w/17s.

I had 18" RC090s, but that seemed a bit extreme, so found me some 17" flat back RS'.

So clean both you guys' Fjords.

I do like how CoupeGuy's 635-style front spoiler is fairly unique and seems to blend so well. I chose to go w/the Zaprace CSL-style w/the NACA ducts, but can't go wrong either way! Just has to fit right like your guys' spoilers!
Hope you have a sawzall to get it to fit.

I got the one on the front:

1667351904920.png

Congratulations on your anniversary and such a great story and happy ending.

Last edited:
I found my old thread of when I first finished the air dam. I didn't go into a great amount of detail about every step but going back over the old photos was fun. I did mount it a way that I or maybe the next owner could remove it without doing any body work. All mounting holes were on the valance and the inside of the front fender wheel openings. I also used automotive 3M double sided tape on the valance to reduce the number of holes. I all seemed to work because I haven't had to mess with it for 12 years.

Very cool, Vince. Didn’t realize you bought Larry P’s car all those years ago. I occasionally saw that car when Sonora and Roadrunner chapters did things together.

Very cool, Vince. Didn’t realize you bought Larry P’s car all those years ago. I occasionally saw that car when Sonora and Roadrunner chapters did things together.

That's so cool Chris!

I wish I had more pictures of the car when I first bought it from him, the way you would have seen the car. It had so many cool period mods (most still on the car), Recaros, BBS RSs, Stahl headers, Alpina/Momo wheel, chrome wheel arches (first thing to go), bigger sway bars, etc... The paint from the belt line trim down was original. It looked like a drunken high shop class painted the top of the car. There was visible dirt in the clear coat.

Back