1949 Hudson

rb1971

Reaction score
Just acquired for running around back roads of Napa. Tried to drive from Reno to SF but only made it to Carson City - which is totally on me - it overheated in 90+ degree heat and creeping along. Seemed to do much better in SF yesterday and this morning.

At the mechanic to have the radiator recored and other things addressed, then off to Napa for what is hopefully a long retirement.

Attachments

• doc.jpg
    doc.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 172

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My grandfather had a 49 four door Hudson up until 1960, I think it was black. I remember him driving us to Santa Monica on errands in it from Ocean Park. My dad had a 1950 Ford Tudor Custom Deluxe sedan, what great memories.

rb1971

Reaction score
My grandfather had a 49 four door Hudson up until 1960, I think it was black. I remember him driving us to Santa Monica on errands in it from Ocean Park. My dad had a 1950 Ford Tudor Custom Deluxe sedan, what great memories.

Chris - was it a Super Six (which this one is - apparently the lowest trim level where you get a bunch of ashtrays but no lighter!) or a Commodore?

johnl

Reaction score

My very close personal friends, Wayne Graefen, of Kerrville, Texas is one of the foremost Hudson authorities in the world. He has owned over 50 and was one half of a Hudson parts source, KGAP. Currently he owns a Terreplane in the 30s that is a jewel.