1966 1800 NK on BAT

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Some of you have probably seen this car in person. For those who haven't, it is a real beauty and essentially flawless with a long, documented history. I hope it goes to a good home...

I've drooled over it many times at MidAm... such a great car.

Ed Z

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have had a chance to see it in person (briefly). So glad I did, it is immaculate - a stunning car!

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
May I ask how does this green compare to Agave in person ?

Good question!

BMW2002FAQ has a great colors section but the Turf examples are not great... I would characterize Turf as being "brighter" than Agave. I guess we could think like the German color namer... Turf is like green grass, Agave is more like the green succulent...darker, more olive?

Ed Z

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
And now Luis has an Espada on BaT. I know it is off topic, but the car is very, very thoroughly and honestly presented. I wish I were in the market!

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wow... another beautiful car from Luis. If only everyone presented their cars on BAT like this.

Ed Z

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
What an awesome car and posting, am drooling after watching the videos, who better to buy a car from?

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Indeed.. The cold start/hot start videos are very good. Anyone who can make 6 Weber sidedrafts idle and rev that nicely has some serious witchery in the tool box.

I hope Luis continues to attend the MidAmerica02Fest, even if he doesn't have the NK now; he's an interesting character.

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Heeeyyy... you guys are still here; the 1800 auction is done... nothing to see here...

This is funny you guys triangulated me back to the Espada. I'll say that a lot of the "witchery" and know-how I needed to deal with that car and do all I did to it came in large measure thanks to what I learned here from all of you with my E9 and on the '02 FAQ with the 1800. It is a much scarier and arduous proposition when there is no forum as active and friendly as this one and the FAQ.

And Ed, I would love to keep going to MidAm if Bo lets me bring the E9; but you know how crotchety he can be towards cars that are nicer than '02s...:D