1969 BMW 2800

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Seller's name on ebay is ricksix, lives in north Jersey.

Read the listing, He has put thousands into the mechanicals. If I didn't have my 72 Bavaria I would be all over this one. Great history.

Steve

ricsix

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my car, and thanks for sharing. The FB listing is live and I have it on eBay again, this time not as an auction (maybe that wasn't a good idea, I'm not much of an eBay superuser). @CSteve is right, this really includes a lot of new parts, exhaust, brakes, carbs, etc. It's not perfect, as the photos show, but a really wonderful, super-early E3 that I'm looking to price fairly and honestly; I hope will go to a good home with someone who recognizes just how damn cool it is. I've started on a what will be a multi-year project on a 67 Porsche 912 and I just don't have the time and the room for the 2800, if I did, it would absolutely stay firmly with me. Let me know if you're interested or have any questions.

Last edited:

rblongboarder

Reaction score
I had an idea I wanted to suggest.. perhaps Ricsix could upload his "for sale" photos of his 1969 2800 to a E3 forum post?

As a newcomer to E3 restorations, his photos are an excellent archive of what early E3 body styles look like - I noticed his vehicle does not have the chrome along the body lines. My 1970 2800 is the same, except a previous owner installed this hideous aftermarket chrome which I'm going to remove. Ricsix's photos gave me a great way to visualize what my vehicle will look like after the aftermarket crap is removed.