1970 2800 CS at Auto Kennel

scottd

Reaction score
So are guided the original back seats? They look awfully soft, and high quality. Not to mention how well they match the fronts.

Scott

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
would love to have the amount recorded for insurance reasons. i'm not saying that i want to know the amount, but i want the insurers to know any of the high water marks of a 2800cs

scottd

Reaction score
Considering how quickly it sold, I would imagine close to asking price of full price, right?

Scott

paul cain

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
For the Forum archives; 2270236 sold on May 30th, 2018 for $78,500.00. There were three offers on the car. I wish this owner many happy miles driving a wonderful, tight, original E9 Coupe.

Chris Macha, Mike Burger and I want to change the rotation of the earth and, brace yourself......state unequivocally that all 2800's are in many ways (two in particular) far superior to 3.0's. The motors are noticeably smoother and beg to be rev'd. The ZF gearboxes offer extremely crisp and silky smooth shifts making any Getrag gearbox feel like Porsche 914 shift linkage. In classic car guidelines of investment quality, they say 'buy the first or the last of the series'. I believe the first of our series remain undervalued.

The new owner is somewhere in the Atlanta area. I do not have details.

Thanks for your kind comments above.

Attachments

• bye bye.JPG
    bye bye.JPG
    487.2 KB · Views: 1,802

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thank you for your transparency Paul! I am happy to know that I am in good company. About a week prior to your listing I stated on BAT that matching numbers will be important for early 2800CS cars. I’m keeping my 2.8 also, despite the thousands of B35’s available for under $1,000.

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Congrats Paul, well done and any car you get your hands on (this goes for Chris and Mike as well) is assured of coming out at the highest end of the scale. Anytime one's car is compared to a 914 is never a good day, I don't care if there's a flat 6 in it. I remember as a kid driving them when they were new and the gear shift banging my knee every time through the lower gears. There's a reason why they were called Volkswagens in Europe. Since I'm putting in a Getrag 265 and a 3.64 LSD in my never ending project, I'll live with the drivetrain - may bore out the matching engine to 3.5 if it needs a rebuild. Again, congrats, you guys in OC (that means you as well Mike) have the highest standards and I'm always happy to see any and all of your cars (seeing you guys is nice as well) at any of the gatherings.....

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
For the Forum archives; 2270236 sold on May 30th, 2018 for $78,500.00. There were three offers on the car. I wish this owner many happy miles driving a wonderful, tight, original E9 Coupe.

Chris Macha, Mike Burger and I want to change the rotation of the earth and, brace yourself......state unequivocally that all 2800's are in many ways (two in particular) far superior to 3.0's. The motors are noticeably smoother and beg to be rev'd. The ZF gearboxes offer extremely crisp and silky smooth shifts making any Getrag gearbox feel like Porsche 914 shift linkage. In classic car guidelines of investment quality, they say 'buy the first or the last of the series'. I believe the first of our series remain undervalued.

The new owner is somewhere in the Atlanta area. I do not have details.

Thanks for your kind comments above.
those of us in the ATL area look forward to seeing this coupe get together with us. with Gary's coupe just out of paint, and with my engine coming out next week (bdigel) and going back into the paint shop it will have good company ... along with the 10 or so other great coupes in the area (dbower / bimmerbud / and a few others)