1970 2800 CS at Auto Kennel

Lowell Paddock

Site Donor
Reaction score
Does anyone know the source of the reflectors that were used to fill the wider, Euro plate mounting holes? I have the same problem!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just like the reflectors we would put on a leather strap on our bicycle wheel hubs to keep them clean.

My Dad’s Schwinn from 7th grade is in the the basement. His still has a leather strap on the hub.

Geor

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I'm the new custodian of Paul's prior 2800.
It arrived safely to Atlanta on Monday, though I haven't seen it yet (been traveling).
While we may have paid a world record price, I was always told to buy the "best example I could find, then pull the trigger".
Plus we didn't buy to sell. My wife and I look forward to taking a few trips up through the mountains with it. So we're very pleased to have it.
Funny how life works some times, we bought a Manila 2002 a few years ago which seems to have past through Chris Macha's hands. We love that car, and drive it frequently.
Hope to see you all driving your e9's.
Thanks,
George

Attachments

• IMG_0570.jpg
    IMG_0570.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 313

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats, some good fellow e9'ers up your way!

Hi Folks,
I'm the new custodian of Paul's prior 2800.
It arrived safely to Atlanta on Monday, though I haven't seen it yet (been traveling).
While we may have paid a world record price, I was always told to buy the "best example I could find, then pull the trigger".
Plus we didn't buy to sell. My wife and I look forward to taking a few trips up through the mountains with it. So we're very pleased to have it.
Funny how life works some times, we bought a Manila 2002 a few years ago which seems to have past through Chris Macha's hands. We love that car, and drive it frequently.
Hope to see you all driving your e9's.
Thanks,
George

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
George,

You have my old Manila? I loved that 02 and I was only the second owner, now the Autokennel connection makes sense. I have many photos of it during my time including as it was found and also of the restoration. Paul did an amazing job on your 2800, it’s a very sound chassis and the motor runs so smooth, a feature of the 2.8l motor and ZF gearbox. Welcome! And several e9 owners are in your area too.

Chris

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Welcome @Geor ! Awesome car and probably one of the best un-restored E9s out there! Best way to buy them if you have the $$.

Any plans w/the car? Keep as-is? Or going to change anything!

She's a beaut she sure doesn't need much if anything.

Geor

Reaction score
Chris,
That's so great!
We're really enjoying Manila. It's remained as it was, ex a 5spd we put in it. We're participated in the Mountain Mille and recently drove to Asheville for the BMW Vintage event. Probably 400 2002's there, only one Manila! My wife says "there's probably a reason why ours in the only one...", I love the color, she not so much. :)

2800 is to remain as is, just taken care of and enjoyed. We have a preference for "survivor" oriented, well cared for cars. Just going to enjoy driving the ol girl on weekend excursions. Can't wait.

Below a picture of our 02 on the field at the vintage...
George

Attachments

• IMG_0522.jpg
    IMG_0522.jpg
    670.3 KB · Views: 306

scottd

Reaction score
Congrats on your car. You certainly didn't overpay, as cars like that don't come along very often. It's great you're keeping her as is.

On another note... 400 '02s? That is crazy. How many e9s? I have a brother in Asheville but haven't made it to the event yet. Great driving area.

Scott

Geor

Reaction score
Scott,
Thanks.
Was our first time attending the Vintage. A fun weekend. It was the 50th anniversary “celebration” of the 2002. Perhaps that brought out more 02’s. Most had some level of mod, which is cool but not our preference (though I guess the 5spd would be considered a mod). About 5 e9’s, there just don’t seem to be a lot out in the wild. Maybe because there was a significant threat of rain?
I recommend the event, and Asheville is fun. Lots of craft breweries.
George

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I was there and pointed out to friends that your car's color is called Manila, love it. Maybe 10 of us e9'ers?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
George, When you put in the five speed, did you swap the six bolt crank or drill the flywheel for the new pressure plate?