1970 2800 CS on FB Marketplace

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
The car is a USA model in Europe for a very reasonable price. Log into Facebook and then Marketplace I guess is how to find the ad.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
2800's seem to be the way to go as entry into the coupe world. They are great cars (if kept properly) and always seem to be quite a bit cheaper than a 3.0 or other. Plus they have nice leather or cool cloth interior. '71 seems to be the way to go with low production numbers and last year before moving to the 3.0L.

But you don't get the Getrag. I never realized they still shared the Neue Klasse rear axle. Where all the '71's coaches built by Karmann and did any come with all four disk brakes?

Also, does anyone know if a modern turbo will be able to be fitted to the 2800 with the 9.0-1 compression instead of dropping a 3.5L in one?

bmw2800cs

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
2800's seem to be the way to go as entry into the coupe world. They are great cars (if kept properly) and always seem to be quite a bit cheaper than a 3.0 or other. Plus they have nice leather or cool cloth interior. '71 seems to be the way to go with low production numbers and last year before moving to the 3.0L.

But you don't get the Getrag. I never realized they still shared the Neue Klasse rear axle. Where all the '71's coaches built by Karmann and did any come with all four disk brakes?

Also, does anyone know if a modern turbo will be able to be fitted to the 2800 with the 9.0-1 compression instead of dropping a 3.5L in one?
Don't think any 2800's came with rear disks. A modern turbo sounds like a great idea. I actually hear good things about the ZF fourspeed - yeah it's noisier (I had one but haven't ever heard a Getrag 4 speed) but I really enjoyed my 2.8 litre paired with the ZF. On the other hand there were issues finding a gasket set for it.

Oldbmwcoupes

Reaction score
None came with anything other than solid discs up front and rear drums. Other than this, to the novice there is little difference between the 3.0 and 2800. I have both.
This car comes with history and receipts from a reputable shop in Holland. The owner states that it’s rust free and well kept. Could be a good buy.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score

I know you are talking about brakes but NK’s are four lug unlike the 2800CS

bmw2800cs

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
None came with anything other than solid discs up front and rear drums. Other than this, to the novice there is little difference between the 3.0 and 2800. I have both.
This car comes with history and receipts from a reputable shop in Holland. The owner states that it’s rust free and well kept. Could be a good buy.
A rust free e9?