1970 2800cs, Denver, CO, $22k

scottemo

Reaction score
Ok folks, after much gracious feedback from experienced coupe owners and fellow forum members as to the condition and value of my car, I’m now ready to list it. Given everyone’s help and the continued sense of community on this forum, I thought it only appropriate to exclusively list it here.

f7f9d210-7763-4d21-9b18-5a8286ee565d_zps448b6488.jpg
P1013632_zpsa334d4c2.jpg

Summary
1970 BMW 2800cs, located in Denver, CO

Asking Price: $22,000

Original 2.8 engine, 5-speed, wood in excellent condition, Bilstein HD shocks, electric sunroof and rear windows, I’ve been told the car looks like it was repainted in the 90’s and is Riviera Blue, although to me it seems to be a custom color that is close to Riviera with metallic. New Alpine stereo with four Focal speakers and smartphone connection in glovebox (front speakers are NOT on door panels).

Extensive photo album of 246 pictures: http://s859.photobucket.com/user/scottemo/library/BMW 2800cs?sort=6&page=1

Another photo album highlighting minor rust bubble and bodywork issues: http://s859.photobucket.com/user/scottemo/library/Minor Bubble - Body Work Issues?sort=6&page=1

Mileage: Current reading is 57,724. Odometer was non-functional when I bought the car and still is. It trickle changes slowly, but is not accurate. When I bought the car it was 57,595. I would guess, personally, I have put less than 2k on the car. From prior owners receipts it appears to have functioned normally until 1996, when it was documented at 48,877. But then I don’t have any receipts until 2008, where it’s near the current 57k reading.

A/C: Currently not putting out cold air. Fan and compressor seem to be in working order. On my first major repair invoice, my mechanic wrote, “Do not stock R12 refrigerant here. A/C may well be operative.” Since I live in Denver and I’m not the biggest fan of A/C’s anyway (prefer to roll down the windows), I never had the A/C recharged.

Door Brakes: Currently both are non-functional and need to be replaced.

Right Rear Electric Window: Currently is not working.

Aside from the few problems listed above the car runs well and is fun to drive. During my ownership the car has always been garaged. In my photo albums, I tried to give a detailed accounting of the visual condition of the car.​

Background

As mentioned in my previous thread, my 2800cs was purchased from Dan (www.coupeguy.com) 4 years ago. From previous owners receipts I can trace its history from 88 to 96 in Dallas, TX, then there is a gap in receipts until 08, where the car was relocated to Littleton, CO.

I took possession of the car in 1/2010 from Dan and the car was located in Fort Collins, CO at his mechanic Poudre Sports Car. From Dan’s receipt it shows he had the carbs rebuilt and some minor electrical work done. Since Dan advocated Poudre Sports Car as an excellent mechanic shop, I had them thoroughly inspect the car and recommend any repairs. Poudre’s Original estimate was for $2,800, but as matters go, I ended up having them do $8,200 worth of work initially, then followed up a few months later with $550 of work.

Once moving the car to my home in Denver, CO, I tried settling into a mechanic shop closer to me. I first tried The German Car Shoppe (wasn’t happy with their delays), and then found Bimmer Haus, in 2012, who was very good. In working with Bimmer Haus, they recommended Underground Performance (one of their ex-mechanics) to do extensive electrical and wiring work. When it was all said and done, I spent around $13,500 on all repairs done to this car. I don’t like to skimp on my cars and I maintain them in good working order. The car has been running well since 2012 and I haven’t had any work on it since. For serious buyer inquiries, I’m happy to provide copies of my receipts, so you can see what kind of work has been done.

Last edited:

Sooner

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Coupe

Good presentation, good pictures to show everything! Good luck with your sale, good coupe for the next owner

scottemo

Reaction score
Hi Bill,

Sorry, I didn't receive any emails. I'm not sure what the problem is. You can email me at XXXXXXXX or PM me, as I have been receiving those.

EDIT: Removed email, Please Private Message me only. In the posts succeeding this one, it looks like, it was determined that the forum email is not functioning.

Last edited:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Under User CP, Settings and Options, Edit Options you must select the ability for others to contact you via e-mail or it won't go through. Likewise with PMs, you need to enable that setting as well. I am always amazed when users say they didn't get a PM.

:)

scottemo

Reaction score
Hey Chris,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm getting PM's but not emails. Here are my current settings.
ScreenShot2014-01-21at52000PM_zps2632c2a9.png

Am I missing something? To me, to disable this option I would uncheck it. It's not my preference to publicly list my email, but unless I can figure this out, I don't really see any other options. And yes, I did check my junk mail too.

Thanks again,

Scott

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
this is a good question - i don't get emails from people thru the website either. i also have it checked that i allow it.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You checked the right boxes, I don't think many here use the e-mail option because it may not be enabled.

Scott and Scott P, test e-mail sent. Chris

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
no email received. i also checked to see that my email is correct within the website. it is correct in both locations

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
still nothing. i was told from other people that they had sent an email 2 days before - never were received ...

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I've sent people "emails" before and never received an answer so maybe you're onto something here

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
we apologize for the hijacking of your thread. this is a pretty looking coupe, somebody go take a good look and buy this car. i like the color, a lot