1970 3.0cs, Kent WA.

d-ace

Reaction score
The first year for 3.0 CS was 1971. And more rust than just that on the front quarter panels, front fenders too (pic #6) right where the rocker panels connect to both. Once anyone starts stripping it will be a whole new outlook on rust damage for them. These paint over jobs don’t take long to have rust coming through from the inside that is because its 90% worst in those closed compartments.

jmackro

Reaction score
Yes - there s a rust issue. I also have a hard time with the wheels on this car..

I agree with all this. Also the dash & door wood are kind of funky, and it definitely need carpets.

But, hey, this is a six thousand dollar coupe ! If the guy was asking $16K I'd be more critical, but for a shiny, running coupe, $6K ain't bad. Yes, if you buy it you will have to spend some $$$ on rust repair, and yes you might be able to buy a cleaner car for less than the total expense of buying and fixing this coupe. But for someone wanting a project, or planning to drive now fix later, this doesn't look so bad to me.

Note that it's a European model, so there's no A/C. Perhaps not a good choice for an e9 if you live in Phoenix.