1970 BMW 2800cs on Copart

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
didn't see any pic of inside the engine compartment, but it isn't hard to imagine the redo of all rubber, including rebuilding of the carbs / fuel lines. but the body looks straight and the interior looks very good. seems possible that the upper dash could be damaged from the heat. if it goes for a reasonable amount, it looks worth saving

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I don't think the engine fire would concern me that much....if the price of the car reflected it (or MORE than reflected it ;) ). If no sheet metal was warped in the process, just engine parts are relatively inexpensive.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Ya, not too worried about the fire damage; just wondering what those shock towers look like.

Ditto the trunk, underneath, rockers, etc.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
That's a strange place for a fire isn't it? You'd think if there was a fuel/carb leak, the drivers side center would be toast. The thing that's killing the value down the road is the salvage title... Unfortunate because that's a great color combo for a hotrod build...

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
as the ultimate wet dream of most is a 3.5l engine on triple webers , i don't see why a 2800CS would be worth less....... ;)

i completely agree with you. as i mentioned, i own a 2800cs. i also love the free revving 2800cc engine, similar to the 3.0csi engine. my coupe has a 3.5L (fuel injected) but is getting a major improvement as we speak - a SFDon built euro b34 (10:1 compression) engine being installed currently. the point is, for some reason, the uneducated Americans think the 3.0cs is worth more and is a better car ... we all know that once the brakes are replaced with vented discs all the way around, there is virtually no difference except the trunk badge.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Who knows, that may have been a steal. On the other hand, I have some experience with melted wiring and damn, it is tedious.