1970 BMW Alpina B6 ???

jamesw

Reaction score
Even if it is a clone/mashup I still think the paintjob and details are awesome.

Cheers
James

eastsideM3

Reaction score
Only thing period correct on that car is the wheels and front air dam. The B6 badges weren't even around until 1978 and the striping kit after 1983. I wouldn't touch that think unless burkard himself verified it. The only possibility is this was done sometime in the mid 80's but I doubt it.

Alpina did do a fuel injected car it was called B3

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It seems it's a later Alpina B6 engine that's been stuffed into an early e9. As many of us know, Alpina did tune some coupes, but not with this engine, badging or dekoset. I'll bet large dollars this car never has been to Buchloe at all. Importantly, I'll also bet a lot of the really important Alpina stuff, like suspension, brakes and differential, we're passed over...

Just my take

Jeff

lloyd

Reaction score
I was not aware Alpina did a fuel injected version...

If you accept the sale narrative - this is a one-of-a-kind. As such, it is somewhat understandable how a a custom version could fly under the general public's radar. The atypical engine displacement could bear some additional explanation, but it may be a mixing and matching of available rods, crank and pistons. Similarities to colors and engines posted here >> http://www.bmwe12thailand.com/bmw e12 alpina story.html

A lot of clear coat, but the accompanying narrative could be a little clearer. The vehicle (or the electric window winder) is in Unrestored condition. We are also told "the car was demonstrably built only once and has a complete documentation including a new car invoice and reconstruction documentation." "Reconstruction" and "unrestored" may have different meanings to different folk???? :confused:

BMW ALPINA B6 BMW / ALPINA, model 1970 German documents Vehicle identification number: 2205017 Engine identification number: N/A 2.769 liter engine with 200 hp Manual transmission Mileage displayed in kilometers: 73,619 km Color: dark blue metallic, interior: black Optional features: electric window winder Unrestored condition
This BMW ALPINA B6 is the only ever built ALPINA B6 from the 1970’s. This is a model, which was built before the granting approval to manufacturer ALPINA and therefore the latter is a monument of the time of ALPINA. The conversion was a friendly turn which the ALPINA-founder, Mr. Bovensiepen, made for a close friend. The vehicle is since its first delivery till this day in first hand. Until recently the car stands over 15 years and should be restored in order to obtain this unique piece. The base plate is rusted through, however the body is in good condition and the interior is almost in mint condition. The car was demonstrably built only once and has a complete documentation including a new car invoice and reconstruction documentation
Vinyl covered roof pillar. Mirror seems to be an "upgrade" from a much later model. :confused:
H4580-L77894293.jpg

Custom decal/badge adorning the heater inlet cover plate? Post '70 cooling fan and valve cover?:confused:
H4580-L77894290.jpg

H4580-L77894291.jpg

H4580-L77894288.jpg

H4580-L77894286.jpg

H4580-L77894294.jpg

H4580-L77894295.jpg

alpina%20story_clip_image006_0003.jpg
http://www.bmwe12th
ai

land.com/bmw%20e12%20alpina%20story.html

alpina%20story_clip_image020_0000.jpg

alpina%20story_clip_image018_0000.jpg

Last edited:

twistinglane

Site Donor
Reaction score
Well, they say they have full documentation of the build. Is someone curious enough to ask? Saw a 28% buyers premium mentioned.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Alpina B6

Hi Folks,
Thought It would interest all of us that this Alpina B6/ CS, sold at yesterday's auction for Euro 97,913.00! No, no misprint! WOW!
Regards. Keshav

shanon

Reaction score
Interesting car.
Congrats to the new pilot/steward.
Hopefully they'll chime in here and shed some light on this unique car.

I bet is was a late 70s conversion for a personal friend that Alpina 'updated' with bits from its current e12 & e9 programs- 2.8L FI motor, four spoke wheel, seats, air dam and deck lip. Looks like a e12 door mirror.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Considering the base BMW is an E9, the pice seems reasonable. E28 based alpinas are fetching $60k+ these days.

The front end seems a bit off. The bumper isn't straight, and the pinstriping on the lower spoiler throws things off a bit for me.

cartoonz

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
Thought It would interest all of us that this Alpina B6/ CS, sold at yesterday's auction for Euro 97,913.00! No, no misprint! WOW!
Regards. Keshav

Auction house says "Realized Price: €55000"
€42000 seems a bit much for a buyer's premium...

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yes, I had the same thoughts too, but one of our CS forum members in Germany had quoted this end price to include all the extra fees, taxes, add on's (and possible profits to be made at the next turn around:) however, it's all goes to prove that, this wonderful piece of art has finally started to receive its true recognition and place in automotive society. Keshav

arnie

Reaction score
Sold for Euro 68.090 including buyer's premium

A German saying tells: Every morning an idiot wakes up :p

For me the bucket is way overpayed, even it was described very honestly

And I can't see, that this one is comparable for instance to a B2. Nothing really fits for that car. It's a regular 2800 from 1970, which got some (expensive) upgrades in 1976.
The available certificate for the actual condition was a little nightmare to read and told a "4" for the condition. Patches everywhere under the floors etc. etc.
In a listing for the market situation a 2800 cs in condition 4 is worth about 6 grant.

Congratulation to the buyer, that he payed more than 10 times more for such a "Franckenstein".

Probably I'm not an expert for leveling the right prices to the different cars, but if I take a look at the results for all the other cars, every single subject was way overpayed and this "original one of a kind Alpina B6" for me it wasn't even worth the starting bid.

Just my 2 cents

rwolak

Reaction score
A German saying tells: Every morning an idiot wakes up :p

For me the bucket is way overpayed, even it was described very honestly

And I can't see, that this one is comparable for instance to a B2. Nothing really fits for that car. It's a regular 2800 from 1970, which got some (expensive) upgrades in 1976.
The available certificate for the actual condition was a little nightmare to read and told a "4" for the condition. Patches everywhere under the floors etc. etc.
In a listing for the market situation a 2800 cs in condition 4 is worth about 6 grant.

Congratulation to the buyer, that he payed more than 10 times more for such a "Franckenstein".

Probably I'm not an expert for leveling the right prices to the different cars, but if I take a look at the results for all the other cars, every single subject was way overpayed and this "original one of a kind Alpina B6" for me it wasn't even worth the starting bid.

Just my 2 cents

Finally, someone on this forum with some common sense and the presence of mind to "tell it like it is".

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm an alpina fanboy and I missed the structural issues. My judgement was clouded. :D

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Finally, someone on this forum with some common sense and the presence of mind to "tell it like it is".

That is usually me.
I need to speak to my doctor about dialing down the milligrams so this does not happen again.