1970 CS project

wmnewlife

Reaction score
Atlanta now has a new resident - a Malaga 2800CS automatic. There will be much done to upgrade. A 3.5 litre/5 speed transplant by a local guru, who worked on two previous 1973's for me 25 years ago. Ben at LaJolla has been very helpful and their lowering kit is in the plan. Paint, new wheels and tires (still undecided on 16's vs 17's since a local friend swears by his 17's but the forum consensus is staggered 16 's), and Bob's your uncle..................but first gotta chase electrical gremlins - no headlights, turn signals, or horn. The "Annie" in me says it's just a fuse or relay. We will see - Tomorrow.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Congrats! Is the paint really that dark or just the photo? Check all bulbs, use Phillips with silver base, clean all grounds, no fuse or relay for low beams (key must be on) just relay for hi beam and horn. Good luck.

Chris

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Nice. Per Chris the headlight grounds are a small spade terminal screwed into the inner fenders below the headlight access panels on each side. These should be cleaned regardless if it's a fuse which hopefully will be. Love Malaga - color of my first coupe.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
wmnewlife - welcome to the atlanta coupe gruppe. hopefully Charles will buy the coupe he's looking at ... if captain dig me gets his coupe going again, did you ever get a tranny? ... and we rattle out the other coupes in the area ... i forget the guy from Athens that Steve + I met at Oktoberfest. we can start getting together ... and sooner or later go for some drives.

wmnewlife

Reaction score
awesome site

Guys Thanks for all your advice, I'll check it out this weekend. The color may show a little dark from the shade. I do love the malaga. Here's a picture from 25 years ago. My friend Charlie had the malaga (triple webers, headers, lowered, 16" alpinas, and pigskin seats). Mine is the dark blue - not nachtblau, so it must have been atlantik. Ernie had the silver 74. All are gone now, but greatly missed.

Attachments

• 3 coupes.jpg
    3 coupes.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 161

wmnewlife

Reaction score
2002 tii brake booster

Is there a good source for a tii brake booster, and a CS brake master? Also, if anyone needs a great mechanic, Mike Lembke at Bavarian Imports on Howell Mill in Atlanta is extremely knowledgeable. He has been working on these cars for 35 years and knows all of the quirks.