1970 e9 on bring a trailer

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
NOt perfect, but it's not $135k either.

Too bad the buyer didn't see it on ebay when it was less than $60k.

BAT bidding is weird; totally unlike Ebay where if current bid is $30k, a bid of $70k won't be $70k unless the previous bidder has a max bid room up to $69,999. I.e. it would only go up to just past the max bid of the previous seller. E.g. $31k.

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
This is a great example and in a great color combo that will appeal to many in my view. While the 2800cs badge attracts half the NADA-Book value, the upgrades and condition will likely overcome that and I would dare say the buyer will not care what the book value is. With my heart, I will place my gavel price at 70k.

Some aspects of interest though - the airbox and MAF - These are B34 - at least the airbox and corner duct definitely is. The MAF may be B35 but is missing the plastic cover. This may have been intentional to look a bit more period correct. I think the work under the hood is great - very clean. I actually think overall the car is a fantastic example and only for that reason would ask the person who did the respray: why not remove the side markers and cover the automatic badge holes? Also, if the upper dash and cowel was recovered anyway, why not do the lower to remove the imprint of the automatic lights? Finally, for $25 why not add a nice chrome finisher to the exhaust? I say these things not to be a ass, but really wonder in the scheme of what we know had to be quite a costly restoration to miss these small details. I do really like this example and it helps reaffirm my bias toward Polaris being a great showcase of the E9. Good luck to the owner and I think it is a shame for him to sell. I keenly watch this one...

So looking at my bet of 70k and it sold for 70k... what is my prize?? :p

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
Honestly, I have no idea what is involved with it but I just recently purchased two brand new Weber carburetors. Is it safe to assume I can use those in the set up? How complicated is it and how much more difficult does it make tuning them?
Just our undying awe...

Haha the funny thing is that the market is so hard to anticipate it is largely a guess. Some cars and even parts go for way more than they should and then other items go for a song. But nevertheless, I will take the win!!!

Lotuss7

Site Donor
Reaction score
So imagine the guy owns a few 2800s. This sale is equal to the top $ 3.0s on BAT except a $118k CSL and that crazy $135k Baikal /red CS.

Now he has have a shot of getting his Hagerty valuation. Got to be worth the money!

We should all thank him!!!