1971 2800 CS Resto-Mod Sold on Ebay for $31.5k

Cabrio330

Reaction score
I am surprised that no one posted this car up for discussion when it was up on Ebay. It appears to have sold for $31,500, and certainly looked to be a nicely executed resto-mod. It is listed in the CS Registry, but a VIN search here turned up no threads or posts. Even though I sold my CS earlier this year, this car looks like something I would want if I rejoin the fold.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rest...9807986?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3f1ffff5f2

Anyway, just throwing this up for discussion, plus I enjoy reading comments and observations from the knowledgeable folks here when cars like this come up.

Cheers!

alanmcg

Reaction score
wow

the last thing i need right now is another coupe, but i would have bought that car in a heartbeat for 31k! seems remarkably cheap for the amount of work and the apparent level of finish (other than the hokey gps mounted in the dash speaker locat). someone from here buy it? if so, and want to turn a quick (and small) profit, id probably still buy it.

DerSchwede

Reaction score
Sorry, in my eyes there are too many and too large discipancies to the original to motivate that price.

The car would benefit immensly from:
Stock (overhauled) engine - modified if preferred
Interior tune up
Correct period wheels

A stock 2800 CS with a good set-up (original Bilstein chassis with correct rubber, blue printed engine etc) is a lot more fun to drive than a 3,5 motronic equipped car. Yes, the latter might give you a few more hp, but the original unit is revvier and more period in its BMW-ness. And the sound will keep you smile all day!

Wheels - no comments.....