1971 BMW 2800CS 4-Speed BAT - Silver

westmakani

Reaction score
Hi all :
Indeed, my beloved 1971 2800cs is now up on BaT.
Some of you will remember the car, (it was for sale on the forum 9 years ago).

I purchased the car in July 2010 from Al Mendez in Laguna Beach, CA (some of you probably know him or of him). He took 2nd place with the car in the 2009 West Coast Summer Concours. Since then I have done extensive mechanical work to the car, which is documented in the BaT listing.

You can see a few threads and photos from the forum about this car before I bought it from Al here. http://e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5823

I had the car in Santa Barbara and Palo Alto until 2013 when I imported it up to Vancouver, BC.

I hope it goes to a good home!

Cheers,
Justin

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I remember this car when it was in Monterey with the prior owner. The current owner sure has spent a fair amount of coin fixing many issues, hope it finds a god home with someone here. Good luck with the auction Justin.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Man, 2010 seems like a lifetime ago.

Good looking super solid E9! Hope you do well! It should.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
good pictures of all the problem spots ... this does look like a super solid coupe. i hope it brings the money

stphers

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
This is another one of the cars that I have worked on extensively . I am RS restoration, Rick Stephenson. This is a really decent car, body is very good save that one small blister on the back. I did the engine and a lot of other stuff on the car. Did a valve adjustment last summer after 4 years of doing the engine and inside , you could eat off of it ( a little oily ) The twin Webers give the car very nice power and smooth. The only thing that this car really needs is the woodwork redone and it should have a 5 speed upgrade. A very, very good car for someone. If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me Disappointing to see it go ( will probably end up back in the US )

Thanks, Rick

jmackro

Reaction score
This car looks so much like my 1970 2800 CS that it's scary: same Nardi wheel, "CS Registry" badge on the same spot on the grille, center speaker delete on dash wood, stock wheels & caps, Polaris exterior/blue interior color scheme.... I could go on. It's previous owners obviously had excellent taste!

Really curious what it will sell for.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
bueler.png

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Ya, crummy time of year to sell; good to buy.

Congrats on the sale though; hard to let go a part of your family.